Goodbye Baraka Okojie

Dawgs99

Starter
Best thing for JB is that he can sit for a year behind BO and RP if he returns, maybe even redshirt if RP returns. There shouldn't be a need in the back court to rush him in to action before he's ready. Not sure where DD fits in going forward.

What is the status for Devin Dinkins? Is he still dealing with a back injury?

Or perhaps this is a ominous sign that he has been unfortunately recruited over and we will be seeing him in the transfer portal at the end of the season.

Justin Begg like Devin Dinkins is very generously listed at 5'10/5'11 on recruiting websites. Real actual height probably 5'9/5'8.

What sets Justin Begg apart from the point guards we currently have?
I think, crucially, from watching the tape that Begg looks significantly more athletic than Dink has insofar shown during his time here- that’ll help big time with his height issues.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't see JB redshirting. At the coaches show on 11/12 Coach Skinn talked about bringing in freshman, specifically Justin Begg, who were ready to compete "for A10 Rookie of the Year." Begg and Okojie are two of the keys to the future of the program.
No more redshirts except for season-ending injuries. Makes no sense otherwise — get what you can from a player recognizing he can transfer at will.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We are excited to partner with the Patriot Nation Collective to produce exclusive content. First up - interviewing Baraka Okojie live on Zoom. Email Rashid for the Zoom link and consider donating to the Collective.

With everyone flying high and feeling good, I want to reemphasize how important this free event is tomorrow night. RSVP to get the link and come hang with Baraka. This is the first of many collaborations with the Patriot Nation Collective.

The collective is the reason we have a roster. Supporting it, joining it, and growing it is imperative if we want to continue to compete and win.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to reply below or PM.

Last edited:

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023