• THANK YOU DONORS!!
    I'd like to personally thank everyone that participated in our first donor drive in years! We raised over double the amount that we set as a goal. You guys are awesome! This money helps to fuel much needed upgrades around here - and also includes monthly server costs and software licenses. We are excited for the future and your donations ensure that there will be a place to talk about George Mason basketball (among other things) for seasons to come! - The Management

The 3rd Game 13 Thread: GMU (7-5 / 0-0) at Duquesne (5-7 / 0-0) on Sunday, Jan. 2, at 2:00PM. POSTPONED

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Will we actually get to play this one? The Dukes game at Davidson scheduled for 12/30 has been postponed. If we/they miraculously play between now and then I will update.

History: GMU is 2 - 6 as a member of the A10 against the Dukes. This includes tournament play.

Duquesne is currently 5-7 / 0-0.

Wins: Rider, Bradley, American, New Hampshire, UC Irvine,
Losses: Hofstra, Weber. St., Northeastern, Colorado, Bowling Green, Marshall, DePaul,
Canceled: Wofford, Davidson

Schedule: https://goduquesne.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://goduquesne.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://goduquesne.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2021/pdf

Duquesne is led by 6’5” Leon Ayers III (12.9 ppg & 4.6 reb), 6’7” Kevin Easley Jr. (12.8 ppg & 6.7 reb), 6’3” “Primo” Spears (10.9 ppg), and 6’7” Tre Williams (10.9 ppg & 6.4 reb). 5’11” Jackie Johnson III, 6’4” Tyson Acuff, and 6’8” Toby Okani play double figure minutes for Duquesne and all 3 have started at various points this season. They are YOUNG. No seniors play and Ayers, a junior, is the only Duke with tons of experience.

Duquesne averages 70.0 points per game while giving up 71.2. The Dukes shoot 41.5% from the floor and 33.5% from 3. Opponents are shooting 46.3% from the field and 36.8% from 3. They shoot 69.5% from the free throw line. The Dukes are currently being out rebounded by their opponents by just .1 boards per game. They average 11.1 turnovers per game.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: Our experience will be the difference. GMU 72 - Duquesne 68. We skip town with the win after celebrating with a Primanti Brothers sandwich.

Discuss.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
FYI. I visited Pittsburgh for the first time ever last month. Wonderful city to visit, but Duquesne's "campus" is ugly as sin. Pitt, on the other hand, is very nice.

Ugly Pittsburgh U.: 62
Improving but still not great campus in Fairfax: 67

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
FYI. I visited Pittsburgh for the first time ever last month. Wonderful city to visit, but Duquesne's "campus" is ugly as sin. Pitt, on the other hand, is very nice.

Ugly Pittsburgh U.: 62
Improving but still not great campus in Fairfax: 67
Any trip to Pittsburgh without a seeing a game at PNC Park is a wasted trip. I'd put it right up there with Camden Yards as one of my favorite ballparks.

psyclone

All-American
As the world turns:

Men's Basketball Schedule Updates; Patriots to Play at #6 Kansas
FAIRFAX, Va. – The George Mason University men’s basketball team (7-5) will ring in the New Year with a game at #6/6 Kansas Saturday at historic Phog Allen Fieldhouse.

Mason’s A-10 game at Duquesne, originally scheduled for Jan. 2, has been postponed due to COVID-19 protocols within the Dukes program.

Tip-off between the Patriots and Jayhawks on New Year’s Day is set for 5 p.m (ET). The contest will be broadcast on Big 12 NOW on ESPN+. It’s the first ever matchup between George Mason and Kansas on the hardwood.

Kansas is the highest-ranked program Mason has battled since a Feb. 25, 2020 home contest vs. #4/3 Dayton. The Jayhawks are Mason’s highest-ranked road foe since a Nov. 22, 2019, game at #6/6 Maryland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariputtie

Recent Tweets