Softball

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://gomason.com/news/2020/3/1/softball-mason-drops-two-games-on-sunday.aspx:

"FAIRFAX, Va. - The George Mason softball team (3-11) fell twice in their final two games of the Patriot Classic on Sunday at the George Mason Softball Complex. The Patriots fell to Radford (11-3) in five innings in the matinee game by a score of 14-0 and dropped the final game of day to Delaware (14-4) 4-2.

In the first contest, the Patriots started off the game with a leadoff walk by junior Meghan Graham. After the first batter, Mason did not earn a hit throughout the five innings.

A six-run fifth inning by the Highlanders closed the game out for Radford, who won all five of their contests over the weekend.

In the afternoon game, the Patriots and the Blue Hens were deadlocked at zero for the first five innings. Delaware eventually scored four runs in the top of the sixth to take a late-game lead.

Mason scored two runs in the final two innings but it was too little too late, suffering their 11th loss of the season."

Last edited:
OP
Pablo

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://gomason.com/news/2020/4/15/head-softball-coach-joe-verbanic-steps-down.aspx:

"Fairfax, Va. – George Mason Assistant Vice President/Director of Athletics Brad Edwards today announced that head softball coach Joe Verbanic has stepped down from his position after 16 seasons.

Verbanic compiled an overall record of 294-469 (.385), including a 7-12 record in the 2020 shortened season.

'It is after much prayer and thought that I believe, with all my heart, that the time has come for a new direction in my life as I resign from my position at George Mason,' Verbanic said. 'I am thankful for the opportunity God provided 16 seasons ago. I express my sincerest gratitude and appreciation to all the players, coaches and colleagues who made it all possible and have been there through it all. You will always be in my heart. I thank you all and expect great things.'"

Spring Donor Drive

Total amount
$871.01
Goal
$500.00
Donation ends:

Top Donors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vol4Life