Softball advances to NCAA TOURNAMENT!

illayin

Sixth Man
Two blown leads. One in the first game in extras up 2-1 with a walk-off 2-run HR by Loyola. Now after being up 3-0 going into the bottom of the 6th to tie it up. Both times all runs scored with 2 outs. Oof painful

Both pitchers from the first game now in the game for each team. Mason keeps driving balls to the warning track but staying in the park.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We drew Duke in the first round on Thursday. They're ranked #8 in the country, so it looks like it's time to make some national noise.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/softball/d1/2023
They have a really tough draw.... Duke is really good this year. Duke's pitcher no-hit #15 Clemson a few days ago in the ACC tourney. They can pitch and hit.

Double elimination.... don't see anyone beating Duke in this bracket but if we can beat Campbell and Charlotte and then play 2 perfect games to upset Duke to shock the world. Tall order but we can do it.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
How does Aly Rayles arm not fall off… 4 complete games in 4 days plus half of the 5th game. That’s insane.
On a tangent related to this, I was talking to a friend very recently that coaches teen softball and I asked if there are any pitch count restrictions like there are in baseball. He indicated there are no restrictions. The under hand motion does not have the same issues that over hand throwing does with stress on the elbow joint. It is common for pitchers to pitch multiple games in a row in softball. I am sure her arm is still tired, though.

Last edited: