News So, WTF is going on with MasonHoops.com anyway?

Robot

Administrator
Posted on the MasonHoops.com Blog:

"So, WTF is going on with MasonHoops.com anyway?" by Chris Metsala

Hello All, I’m sure some of you have wondered what is going on with the Masonhoops.com “front page”, after not having updates for quite some time. I figured it makes sense to let you all know what has not been happening and what IS going to happen in the near future, and why. We’ve run […]

Continue reading...

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Chris, thanks for giving all of us a place to share, vent, joke and, most importantly, stay on top of Mason basketball.

I think I speak for everybody when I say we are so happy to hear that you are healthy and getting stronger. Events like the one you experienced put everything in perspective for all of us. Hang in there, brother.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Chris, thanks for giving all of us a place to share, vent, joke and, most importantly, stay on top of Mason basketball.

I think I speak for everybody when I say we are so happy to hear that you are healthy and getting stronger. Events like the one you experienced put everything in perspective for all of us. Hang in there, brother.
What GMUTomGMU said!

I've been around for the whole evolution of Masonhoops, and you've done a great job since day 1. Sorry to hear of your health scare and am very glad to hear of your recovery!

In the 20 years you've run this, I had a daughter who is all grown up and now runs for Mason on the CC and Track teams. And while I'm sure you already know this, at least you should if you read your own boards ;-), Masonhoops, it's successors and it's return, played a big part in keeping me engaged with Mason more than just going to games, which I know contributed to my daughter's decision to run for our beloved Green and Gold.

You began not just a website, but fostered a community of dedicated Mason fans to have fun and argue about sports where there was none. Thank you.

Doug, a.k.a. Old Man
28b872dfa7d397dd75bc7499ceb5256f.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GMUSig03

All-Conference
Ditto on everything said - thanks for running this site and glad to hear you have had a successful recovery!

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Glad you are doing better.

And thanks for providing this great platform for us Mason fans.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am ready to donate money again. I know you do this as a passion in addition to a regular job. I hope the ads are helping you with the bills of running the site, but I’m sure most on here (if they can) would help out with an annual donation drive.

Anyway, like Tom said the boards f**king rock! (I’m paraphrasing Tom’s sentiment not his actual words. This offer void in Kentucky, Michigan, Alaska and Sri Lanka. All Rights Reserved pursuant to section SD-439 of California State penal code. 2018)

Last edited:

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wow! And I thought my health issues were bad. Geeez. Sucks getting old! Great to see all is well again and I feel the renewed energy!

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Wow, that is so scary! I am happy to read you are recovering well. Thank you for providing this awesome platform for G Mas fans to gather and agree/disagree regarding the program.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow, that is so scary! I am happy to read you are recovering well. Thank you for providing this awesome platform for G Mas fans to gather and agree/disagree regarding the program.
Why dont you call it Mason? Instead push two extra buttons to spell G Mas?

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Wow, thanks for sharing and welcome back, Chris!! CAAZone and Masonhoops have been a fun and time-wasting part of my life for years. Thanks for all you do.

GMU_DCU

All-Conference
Thanks for the update and glad to hear your recovery is going well. We appreciate having this place to discuss all things Mason hoops.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thank you for having the site and hope you are well (and staying well). The boards are a big part of my Mason fan-hood.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Chris thanks for the update and glad you are doing well. Was wondering why you weren't at the Cult/Bush concert with the rest of your fraternity degenerate brothers a couple weeks back.

Thanks for this great site and hope you stay well and strong.

I swear if and presumably when you die Metsala, I will take my tons of CAAzone gear and ensure it gets deposited with your coffin. I will even dot matrix some of the best threads the last 20 years and put in it there. I'll have Samnung, the FSC, etc., autograph...

No chance I outlive you though. Nor anyone here except maybe "Old Man" in fact.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Aww shucks, thanks guys! I'll take you up on an autographed thread with all of the usual suspects, Jollay.

One thing I will say - if you notice a change in how your body is working - mention it to your Doctor. It may be nothing, but it could be something that can lead to a life-threatening situation. For me, I thought I was "just getting over a cold" and it was causing my general weakness and lack of stamina. Turns out I had 100% blockage of my "widowmaker" left anterior descending artery (LAD) and partial blockage on other arteries.

Anyway - happy to answer any questions publicly or privately about what I went through.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Aww shucks, thanks guys! I'll take you up on an autographed thread with all of the usual suspects, Jollay.

One thing I will say - if you notice a change in how your body is working - mention it to your Doctor. It may be nothing, but it could be something that can lead to a life-threatening situation. For me, I thought I was "just getting over a cold" and it was causing my general weakness and lack of stamina. Turns out I had 100% blockage of my "widowmaker" left anterior descending artery (LAD) and partial blockage on other arteries.

Anyway - happy to answer any questions publicly or privately about what I went through.
I always heed that advice as I have a family history of sudden heart failure (father died at 44, great uncles died at 36, 40). Maybe predicting all these OT games is a death wish!