Patriot Club Fundraising Initiative

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well all talk and bullshit about the need to raise more funds and donations. Here is your chance. This was part of an email I got today.

relay.php

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Is this far off from the amount of donations they usually get? How much did they raise last year?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If ticket prices increase next year or I am asked/required to increase my donation to the Patriot Club I am out. If anything I expect ticket prices and donation levels to decrease. Are you listening Max? Tom? Angel?

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I should have said that given the pathetic product on the floor the university should do the right thing and reduce ticket prices, or at the least maintain current prices for next year. Patriot Club donation requirements should also be reduced or maintained. Price increases on either account would be a mistake given the current state of the program.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I should have said that given the pathetic product on the floor the university should do the right thing and reduce ticket prices, or at the least maintain current prices for next year. Patriot Club donation requirements should also be reduced or maintained. Price increases on either account would be a mistake given the current state of the program.

The Seattle Sounders have actually given refunds back to their season ticket holders for poor performance before:

http://www.soundersfc.com/news/articles/2010/05-may/sounders-to-issue-refund.aspx

Just sayin...

Patriotfan49

Starter
I 100000% expect tickets to go up next year. As will I get the mail, and phone calls about donating more.

I wonder if it works if I start mailing TOC office and calling, about him giving more and doing more for the program?

mason2k1

Starter
The Seattle Sounders have actually given refunds back to their season ticket holders for poor performance before:

http://www.soundersfc.com/news/articles/2010/05-may/sounders-to-issue-refund.aspx

Just sayin...
"The Seattle Sounders FC announced today that a refund for Saturday's game against the Los Angeles Galaxy will be issued to season ticket holders in the form of credit towards 2011 season tickets. "

Probably not a bad move.
Shows that the front office is aware, responsible and taking ownership of the situation; that they are not happy with the product that they are putting on the field.
Providing credit towards the following season will probably result in less cancellations in season tickets.

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I will not reduce my contributions as it punishes the students and the programs - considering we did win two A-10 championships this year - I want the program to improve and progress.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe someone who has been a season ticket holder for a long time can answer this:

When was the last time tickets for full Season Ticket holders went up? I've been a Season Ticket holder for 2 years now, and both years they were $17 per game per seat.

I know the gameday prices fluctuate (20 on gameday etc).

Also, I think the "Add 10%" campaign was probably pretty successful (obviously prior to this years mbb results). I hope they try to do something of that nature again.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I will not reduce my contributions as it punishes the students and the programs - considering we did win two A-10 championships this year - I want the program to improve and progress.

PiKapp,

I believe that Patriotsince81 raises an interesting question: What will be the impact on season ticket sales if Mason raises the ticket prices and the minimum donation levels for season ticket holders?

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
PiKapp,

I believe that Patriotsince81 raises an interesting question: What will be the impact on season ticket sales if Mason raises the ticket prices and the minimum donation levels for season ticket holders?

That is a valid question - I think they should hold things the same. I do think it would be a good sign if they start hinting that they realize there are issues that need to be addressed.

Masonfan3

Starter
If they can get more young Alumni to donate as a part of the young alumni deal then I don't see them raising ticket prices/donation levels. But we are in a better conference across all sports and need more money in donations to stay competitive so it will be interesting to see what happens. I myself will continue to donate because I want to see all programs succeed and success in basketball will go a long way to helping the others.

Patriotfan49

Starter
If they can get more young Alumni to donate as a part of the young alumni deal then I don't see them raising ticket prices/donation levels. But we are in a better conference across all sports and need more money in donations to stay competitive so it will be interesting to see what happens. I myself will continue to donate because I want to see all programs succeed and success in basketball will go a long way to helping the others.

Me, my wife and the 4 friends we sit with are all under the young alum rate/program. Its actually a good program, but shocker, they hardly advertise it. Somebody would have to be looking to get season tickets in order to come across the details. If they want to attract more people they have to do much much better putting the word out there.

Masonfan3

Starter
Me, my wife and the 4 friends we sit with are all under the young alum rate/program. Its actually a good program, but shocker, they hardly advertise it. Somebody would have to be looking to get season tickets in order to come across the details. If they want to attract more people they have to do much much better putting the word out there.

It is a good program and I agree they need to advertise it better. I know they send emails out but I'm sure most recent graduates just delete emails from Mason asking for donations. Also, I'd be interested to see how many people (who take advantage of the program) continue to donate once they are no longer eligible for the program.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Allowing for the extra ticket and the year extension on the Young Alumni rate was a great move but if it wasn't for James Meyer and how many conversations I had with him about where they were going to move my seats (since the band couldn't be behind the bench) I wouldn't have known about it. I actually bought an extra seat this year to split with friends and can do the same again next year on my girlfriends account since she graduated a year after me.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I agree they don't market it all that well. With that said, I'm not sure what the best way they could market it. I've gotten postcards and emails about it. I think I got information when I graduated (both times) and I see it all over the ticket page. I'm not a marketing person by any stretch but I have seen some things with it. Maybe they need to push it on Social Media a bit more?

With that being said on the social media front, I think the university is doing a great job pushing the A-10 tournament in Brooklyn. I'm seeing constant promotion about it on Facebook and Twitter.