Overseas Basketball Salaries

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
assuming Josh or Ticket, as well as Cooper and VBJ, can get overseas offers of more than $100k, they are likely gone

Region/CountryLeagueAverage Salary U$DMax Salary U$D
Europe
EuropeEuroleague500k-800k/season4m/season
SpainACB250k-500k/season4m/season
TurkeyBCL250k-500k/season3.7m/season
RussiaVTB United200k-450k/season4m/season
ItalySerie A180k-350k/season2m/season
GreeceGreek A160k-250k/season2.5m/season
GermanyBBL100k-350k/season1m/season
IsraelPremier L.80k-250k/season1.7m/season
FranceLNB Pro A80k-200k/season300k/season
Asia
ChinaCBA1m-3m/season4m/season
South KoreaKBL250k-400k/season500k-800k+/season
JapanB1 League120k-300k/season1m/season
TaiwanSBL10k-20k/month30k/month
PhillippinesPBA10k-20k/month30k-40k/month
Pacific
AustraliaNBL120k-250k/season500k+/season
South America
ArgentinaLa Liga7k-8k/month10k-15k/month
BrazilNBB8k-9k/month15k-20k/month
Puerto RicoBSN10k-14k/month15k-20k/month
MexicoLNBP7k-8k/month15k-20k/month
UruguayLUB6k-7k/month10k-12k/month
ColumbiaLPB3k-5k/month6k-8k/month
ChileL. Nacional3k-4k/month5k-6k/month
Middle East
IranSuperleague6k/month120k/season
UAED18k-10k/month100k/season
LebanonLBL6k-7k/month75k/season
BahrainZain L.5k-6k/month15k/month
QatarQBL D14k-6k/month12k/month
Saudi ArabiaSBL5k-6k/month12k/month
JordanJBL3k-4k/month10k/month
Africa
EgyptSuperleague10k/month18k/month
TunisiaNationale A4k-5k/month12k/month
MoroccoD12k-3k/month10k/month
Overseas basketball players salaries for the top basketball leagues in all regions. Table by Europrobasket

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
assuming Josh or Ticket, as well as Cooper and VBJ, can get overseas offers of more than $100k, they are likely gone

Region/CountryLeagueAverage Salary U$DMax Salary U$D
Europe
EuropeEuroleague500k-800k/season4m/season
SpainACB250k-500k/season4m/season
TurkeyBCL250k-500k/season3.7m/season
RussiaVTB United200k-450k/season4m/season
ItalySerie A180k-350k/season2m/season
GreeceGreek A160k-250k/season2.5m/season
GermanyBBL100k-350k/season1m/season
IsraelPremier L.80k-250k/season1.7m/season
FranceLNB Pro A80k-200k/season300k/season
Asia
ChinaCBA1m-3m/season4m/season
South KoreaKBL250k-400k/season500k-800k+/season
JapanB1 League120k-300k/season1m/season
TaiwanSBL10k-20k/month30k/month
PhillippinesPBA10k-20k/month30k-40k/month
Pacific
AustraliaNBL120k-250k/season500k+/season
South America
ArgentinaLa Liga7k-8k/month10k-15k/month
BrazilNBB8k-9k/month15k-20k/month
Puerto RicoBSN10k-14k/month15k-20k/month
MexicoLNBP7k-8k/month15k-20k/month
UruguayLUB6k-7k/month10k-12k/month
ColumbiaLPB3k-5k/month6k-8k/month
ChileL. Nacional3k-4k/month5k-6k/month
Middle East
IranSuperleague6k/month120k/season
UAED18k-10k/month100k/season
LebanonLBL6k-7k/month75k/season
BahrainZain L.5k-6k/month15k/month
QatarQBL D14k-6k/month12k/month
Saudi ArabiaSBL5k-6k/month12k/month
JordanJBL3k-4k/month10k/month
Africa
EgyptSuperleague10k/month18k/month
TunisiaNationale A4k-5k/month12k/month
MoroccoD12k-3k/month10k/month
Overseas basketball players salaries for the top basketball leagues in all regions. Table by Europrobasket
If they come out to go overseas, they're going into their first year overseas and won't sniff many of these leagues more than likely. That isn't knocking either of them to be clear. It's more of a product of players who are just starting out are basically going back to square one overseas unless they are drafted/catch on with an NBA team first. That's not taking into account not every one of these teams in these leagues has money/spots.

Last edited:

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If they come out to go overseas, they're going into their first year overseas and won't sniff many of these leagues more than likely. That isn't knocking either of them to be clear. It's more of a product of players who are just starting out are basically going back to square one overseas unless they are drafted/catch on with an NBA team first. That's not taking into account not every one of these teams in these leagues has money/spots.
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I don't see either one of them "making it."

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
Yeah, I hate to say it, but I don't see either one of them "making it."
Time will tell. Any of the three mentioned could make it. Mason has several players who have played at high levels overseas who have also had arguably better college careers. Those players started out at lower levels and worked their way up. FWIW, shared this with one of our sources and the reply was "considering I've never heard of either of them, they'd be lucky to make 50k a year at this point."

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Time will tell. Any of the three mentioned could make it. Mason has several players who have played at high levels overseas who have also had arguably better college careers. Those players started out at lower levels and worked their way up. FWIW, shared this with one of our sources and the reply was "considering I've never heard of either of them, they'd be lucky to make 50k a year at this point."
If your source has never heard of Oduro he might not be a great source lol. I can understand Ticket and even saying Oduro won’t ever play professionally at even a medium level but never hearing of him is weird

Expat Hoops

Sixth Man
If your source has never heard of Oduro he might not be a great source lol. I can understand Ticket and even saying Oduro won’t ever play professionally at even a medium level but never hearing of him is weird
Great source, no question about it. Overseas has levels to it and it isn't weird at all that someone at one of the higher levels has never heard of Oduro. Again, my earlier post said that when you go overseas you're not really going to skip levels unless you've been drafted/signed by an NBA team and cut. Here are two examples of really great players to illustrate the point.

Will Thomas played the last 3 years in EuroLeague and we all know what he did in college. It took him years to get to EuroLeague. He started in Belgium (not a bad league, but it's not an upper league).

Tyler Cavanaugh did jump straight to a EuroLeague club when he went overseas, but he had played with the Hawks and Jazz before heading overseas. (Also, when he got to EuroLeague, he admitted he struggled a little bit with the European game. Found himself out of EuroLeague after one season, went "down" a slight level to Spain, and came back to EuroLeague after one season out).

So again, never heard of any of these players. They aren't that notable to high level overseas clubs (yet), and that's just facts.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
No doubt Oduro has fallen into obscurity. Had he continued on last season's pace to be a POY contender, he'd likely be getting some buzz for a late draft pick/summer league invite/ or G-League roster.

If anyone is going to tonight's Coach's Show - this is the question I hope someone asks politely: Are there any reasons why Josh's game has changed so much and he seems less aggressive with the ball?