Otis (edit) - shot at rookie of the year?

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=210679132

Jaire Grayer is a 6-4 freshman guard on the men's basketball team from Flint, Michigan. The Grayer family is rooted heavily in the sport of basketball with both parents having standout careers in basketball. His father Jeff is Iowa State's all-time leading scorer and the 13th overall pick in the 1988 NBA Draft. He was a member of the 1988 U.S. Olympic basketball team and played 10 years in the NBA. His mother Patrice Martin had a standout career at the University of Detroit. Jaire is making his mark early in his collegiate career scoring in double figures on nine occasions with a career-high 23 vs. Oklahoma State (11/20). GoMason.com sat down with Jaire for a Q&A.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Remember, the title of this thread was chosen before the A10 season started.

Certainly for now, Otis is our rookie of the year.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It would be awesome if Otis, Jaire, and DeAndre all made 1st team all rookie.

I was looking at it the other day and while I think the first two are pretty much locks at this point, it's gonna be tough for DeAndre unless he really closes the season strong.

I think Otis has to be the favorite for ROY -- Joe Chartouny from Fordham has better numbers, but he compiled them against one of the weakest OOC schedules in the nation and also missed either 3 or 4 conference games with a sprained ankle.

If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say Otis as ROY, and Grayer on the all-rookie team along with Chartouny, Steve McElvene from Dayton and one of: Nelson Kaputo (Bona), Khwan Fore (Richmond) or Pierfrancesco Oliva (Saint Joe's).

It would be great to get all three of our guys on the rookie team, though. The last time we had that happen was 2004-05 with Campbell, Thomas and Vaughan. Those guys worked out OK, I guess.