OT - USA beats the Sovie... er .. Russia in Hockey

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
For a slight diversion from the basketball discussion. USA beats Russia in hockey this morning. 2 - 2 at the end of regulation, tied with 1 goal each after the first 3 shootout shots, and Oshe puts it in the net in round 8 of the shootout.

U.S.A. .... U.S.A. .... U.S.A.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
awesome game. credit to all those players because that certainly didn't look like an exhibition game during the middle of the NHL season (which it was).

DeepValue

Starter
Agree that a tie would have been fine. I guess a shootout is just there to protect players from exhaustion in the tournament setting.

Oshie and Quick were brilliant in the shootout.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
That makes sense. I would be okay if at this stage, it doesn't go into OT. If the game is tied at 3 periods, have a tie. Let the players do a 5 minute OT and then penalties in the knock out stages.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Not to mention the goal RUS scored with under 5 mins. left in regulation that put them up 3-2 with under 5 mins. left that was wiped off...

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
CAN won 1-0. Good thing the USA goalie was on or it would have been a shit show like the Bronze Medal game against FIN. What a disaster.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Poor Quick. He was such a monster again CAN. I think he just had no support in either game and just ran out of gas today. Finns looked good.