OT: Someone Get GMUBrian a drink and put him on suicide watch......

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I can't wait for my Tesla to also be a customized NFT. Then while I'm waiting for my wife to hurry the f*ck up, I can at least race my car digitally. And the better I do, the faster and more badass my Tesla becomes in real life. Equipped with a digital wrap that can change paint schemes dynamically.

Metaverse, f*ck yeah!

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I can't wait for my Tesla to also be a customized NFT. Then while I'm waiting for my wife to hurry the f*ck up, I can at least race my car digitally. And the better I do, the faster and more badass my Tesla becomes in real life. Equipped with a digital wrap that can change paint schemes dynamically.

Metaverse, f*ck yeah!

Hail the metaverse because the real world is sucking a**

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Metaverse, f*ck yeah!

And that Bish can drive up the side of a wall!!!

tyco-race-track-cliff-hangers

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is it just me or does this off season seem especially long due to the coaching/roster changes that has raised enthusiasm for the program for the first time in over 10 years? Mid August and we're debating cars. I mean my DeLorean has served me well these many years. ;)
for the first time since I have been a fan of the program we have a coach that both seems like he knows what he is doing as well as keeps fans tremendously engaged on Instagram and social media. I don't have as many questions as I did during the Hewitt and DP years... I would love to know who our PG is because that makes me really nervous as well as if Blake Jones is any good as a true freshman because that could be a weapon we haven't had in forever

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
for the first time since I have been a fan of the program we have a coach that both seems like he knows what he is doing as well as keeps fans tremendously engaged on Instagram and social media. I don't have as many questions as I did during the Hewitt and DP years... I would love to know who our PG is because that makes me really nervous as well as if Blake Jones is any good as a true freshman because that could be a weapon we haven't had in forever
Yeah definitely agree with you here. The postings from practices, and even just them out and about is really nice to see and unique.

PG is probably still up in the air and at this point they'll all expect to play some sort of minutes assuming they are all healthy and ready to go.

I have no idea on Blake Jones, but I would be surprised if he is ready as a frosh, but I honestly dont' know. He seems like he would need a year to get acclimated but maybe someone who has watched him could enlighten us more.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah definitely agree with you here. The postings from practices, and even just them out and about is really nice to see and unique.

PG is probably still up in the air and at this point they'll all expect to play some sort of minutes assuming they are all healthy and ready to go.

I have no idea on Blake Jones, but I would be surprised if he is ready as a frosh, but I honestly dont' know. He seems like he would need a year to get acclimated but maybe someone who has watched him could enlighten us more.
I watched Jones every minute of the U19 tourney. He has good offensive potential but needs major work on the strength and defensive ends. I will be shocked if he plays in KE's 8 man rotation this year. Not down on the kid at all, he just has a lot of work to do. The potential is there!

PG remains the one big mystery. My money is on Polite just because the kid I saw the last 4 games last year was markedly different than the player I saw for the first part of the year. Can't wait. Get this sh&t going!!!!!!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I watched Jones every minute of the U19 tourney. He has good offensive potential but needs major work on the strength and defensive ends. I will be shocked if he plays in KE's 8 man rotation this year. Not down on the kid at all, he just has a lot of work to do. The potential is there!

PG remains the one big mystery. My money is on Polite just because the kid I saw the last 4 games last year was markedly different than the player I saw for the first part of the year. Can't wait. Get this sh&t going!!!!!!

Sounds good. I'd agree that Polite is probably the favorite.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, interested to see what happens with the following players: Gaines, Frazier, XJ, Polite, Hartwell, Henry, and Kabimba.

The freshmen (or freshman-ish in the case of Gadsden) are a bonus.

Feeling confident about Oduro, Cooper, and Schwartz, but the rest of the rotation is wide open (maybe not from KE's perspective, but it feels that way from the outside at least).

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is it just me or does this off season seem especially long due to the coaching/roster changes that has raised enthusiasm for the program for the first time in over 10 years? Mid August and we're debating cars. I mean my DeLorean has served me well these many years. ;)
Any chance you can take that DeLorean into the future and let us know how things turn out ... and also find out by whom and when CKE gets poached? This way, we can take targeted preventive measures to stop it from happening?

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I had one of those - loved it. Man memories.
Don't laugh, but I still have one. I pull it out about every 3 years, make a new setup and leave it out for several months to use on occasion. I don't have the wall climbing ones because I thought that was cheating. The magnets in those things were so strong, they never fell off. So, I like the original, low powered magnets where you had to slow down for turns.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I hate government. Why is that relevant to this thread? Well, I bought a car to cheer myself up about the pending demise of the Camaro brand ;-) , but I can't drive my "new" car because I can't get tags for it. The VA DMV has closed its offices except for appointments and unless I drive about 6 hours, the first appointment at offices within 1 hour radius is one to two months in the future.

Try online you say. Nope, they don't do new titles online. So, I tried their newly implemented application drop off service that started Monday. Denied! Unfortunately, my purchase falls into a small exception that they don't handle via drop off. I purchased the car out of state through a private dealer where it was on consignment from the owner. Since they checked the box that it came from a dealer, that makes it so I can't use the drop off service. It also eliminates the mail in service as well which would take weeks from start to finish. Why that matters to what they need to do to send me a title and tags is beyond me. Now I am stuck either waiting for a month or two or hoping that a canceled appointment shows up. Meanwhile, I can't (legally) drive my "new" car.

So keep this in mind if you are buying a used car. In Virginia, you will have to wait at least a week, but, probably closer to 2 for mail turnaround to get new plates for it. And, if you get it from a private dealer that can't issue you temporary tags and submit the paperwork on your behalf, you could be in a much longer wait to get a DMV appointment.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I hate government. Why is that relevant to this thread? Well, I bought a car to cheer myself up about the pending demise of the Camaro brand ;-) , but I can't drive my "new" car because I can't get tags for it. The VA DMV has closed its offices except for appointments and unless I drive about 6 hours, the first appointment at offices within 1 hour radius is one to two months in the future.

Try online you say. Nope, they don't do new titles online. So, I tried their newly implemented application drop off service that started Monday. Denied! Unfortunately, my purchase falls into a small exception that they don't handle via drop off. I purchased the car out of state through a private dealer where it was on consignment from the owner. Since they checked the box that it came from a dealer, that makes it so I can't use the drop off service. It also eliminates the mail in service as well which would take weeks from start to finish. Why that matters to what they need to do to send me a title and tags is beyond me. Now I am stuck either waiting for a month or two or hoping that a canceled appointment shows up. Meanwhile, I can't (legally) drive my "new" car.

So keep this in mind if you are buying a used car. In Virginia, you will have to wait at least a week, but, probably closer to 2 for mail turnaround to get new plates for it. And, if you get it from a private dealer that can't issue you temporary tags and submit the paperwork on your behalf, you could be in a much longer wait to get a DMV appointment.
You can show up at open and they will give you an appointment later that same day. I did it in Virginia a month ago and Texas this week. Not the best for someone with a job but if you have flexibility it was pretty easy for me

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
You can show up at open and they will give you an appointment later that same day. I did it in Virginia a month ago and Texas this week. Not the best for someone with a job but if you have flexibility it was pretty easy for me
Thanks. I appreciate the tip. Since this is just a toy and not my daily driver (yet...), it is not worth the double trip to the DMV during the work day, but good to know in case I (or others) need it. Interesting they didn't tell me about that option as I talked with the person at the drop off site that seemed all to happy to have a reason to turn me away...

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks. I appreciate the tip. Since this is just a toy and not my daily driver (yet...), it is not worth the double trip to the DMV during the work day, but good to know in case I (or others) need it. Interesting they didn't tell me about that option as I talked with the person at the drop off site that seemed all to happy to have a reason to turn me away...
That last part sounds exactly like the DMV. They take a sick pride in serving as an impediment to solutions.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ugh that sucks. The DMV is painful enough, I'm sure a pandemic only makes it worse.

That is a good tip to just go in the morning and get an appointment though. I have to think a lot of places are like that in general. Sorta almost reminds me of how if a class was closed at Mason, they'd tell you to show up the first day and the teacher would "auto-add" you.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
That last part sounds exactly like the DMV. They take a sick pride in serving as an impediment to solutions.
That reminds me of the sickest thing I have experienced in that realm. My family and I were getting our passports done. We had a specific one hour slot at the post office to review the paper work and submit it. We spent 45 minutes going over and confirming every detail. The entire time the lady was the most unpleasant person and never came close to cracking a smile.

As she looked at my supporting documentation, all of the sudden she got this big beaming smile. Why? Was she happy that we had gotten to the end of this review and 4 people would now be able to go on their cruise to a foreign country? Nope, she had found an error. I had provided my birth certificate card, the one I have used my entire life up to that point. It was issued by VA. Well, that is not good enough for a passport. I needed a paper one issued from the same state...

It was sick how happy it made her to find a mistake in our passport application. And in case you think I might have misjudged it, my kids that were ~ 10 and 12 at the time had noticed it as well.