OT: Someone Get GMUBrian a drink and put him on suicide watch......

There are a lot of assumptions built in here about how I grew up, who my parents are and how they grew up, as well as my wife and her parents.

A) How did Gemini grow up?
B) Who were his parents?
C) How did his parents grow up?
D) How did Gemini's wife grow up?
E) Who were her parents?
F) How did Gemini's wife's parents grow up?

I will take the Gemini assumption challenge.

A) Physically underwhelming, very sensitive to light, allergic to just about everything
B) Avaija and Steve?
C) One on an Indian reservation one raised by basset hounds
D) Occasionally bicurious
E) Pat and Ashley?
F) Very into the 60's, very pro Viet Kong

All assumptions but hopefully possibly correct some

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yes, I most certainly had your parents as well as your wife and her parents at the forefront of my mind when I wrote my comment.
But to your comments, as I said, I'm not against EVs or hybrids, and maybe the majority do live in the urban/suburban areas, although I do believe your 83% is way too high, my point was really aimed at your "it works for most people in the metro areas so the rest should just get with the game" attitude. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but that's the way it came across to me. Without getting politcal, and just as an example, thank goodness for the electoral college. Others may disagree with my reading of your comment, and that's ok.

GMU79 - I don't think the answer was meant to be elitist or political. Me - politically - I am Ghengis Khan knuckle dragger and dont buy into the climate change end of the world hysteria.

But I am nerd when it comes to technical things and I follow finance/markets very closely. The technology is getting to the point where for automotives and light vehicles - EVs are where it is going. The manufacturing costs are lower once industrial base is established and the reduced maintenance costs and longer life span is making OEMs go into this space. Most of the R&D for Ford and GM is going to electric.

EVs won't be the answer for everything right now and in the near future. But the market is shifting. There will still be use cases for ICE vehicles but they will be the smaller part of the market soon.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
GMU79 - I don't think the answer was meant to be elitist or political. Me - politically - I am Ghengis Khan knuckle dragger and dont buy into the climate change end of the world hysteria.

But I am nerd when it comes to technical things and I follow finance/markets very closely. The technology is getting to the point where for automotives and light vehicles - EVs are where it is going. The manufacturing costs are lower once industrial base is established and the reduced maintenance costs and longer life span is making OEMs go into this space. Most of the R&D for Ford and GM is going to electric.

EVs won't be the answer for everything right now and in the near future. But the market is shifting. There will still be use cases for ICE vehicles but they will be the smaller part of the market soon.
Yeah, you're probably right about his comments. And yes, it does look like EV is the future (mostly). But what he said just struck me wrong...and on the internet, doesn't everything? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, your probably right about his comments. And yes, it does look like EV is the future (mostly). But what he said just struck me wrong...and on the internet, doesn't everything? :ROFLMAO:

Trust me brother I am feeling you.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It just simply isn't true that VERY few people drive more than 50 miles a day on a daily basis. Shit, cars are now driven an average of 13500 miles a year, which is 37 miles a day. In a state like Georgia drivers put an AVERAGE of 52 miles a day on their cars.

More than 10% of workers who commute to work drive more than 60 miles just to a job, and that stat is from 15 years ago before home prices exploded and people moved further and further out. I know countless West Virginians that drive into NOVA every day.

Quit peddling f**king lies on this sacred forum or I'll have you banned. The moderator on here, Cat Laufmann is a good friend of mine who commutes long miles to attend Mason games.

If you are going to change my name at least spell my faux last name right ( one F one N) :)

That said I am largely ignoring this thread and letting offseason banter be offseason banter

OP
Pikapppatri8

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If you are going to change my name at least spell my faux last name right ( one F one N) :)

That said I am largely ignoring this thread and letting offseason banter be offseason banter

This is not a political topic - its a car/technology one. That booze, guns, and gambling discussions should be allowed.

We are still men after all.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
B) Who were his parents?
E) Who were her parents?

A) Physically underwhelming, very sensitive to light, allergic to just about everything
B) Avaija and Steve?
E) Pat and Ashley?

How does this not have lines from every single board member. Top line post

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Batting .000 there, my friend.
You can't ban Gemini for sharing way TMI about Arizona commute patterns?

Then you don't get to ride in my balls hot beamer when it gets here

Hey, I'm just performing a valuable service here. If you ever find yourself traveling to California on the I-10 and are at the western border of Arizona, you now know where to stop for a snack...

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Batting .000 there, my friend.

Hey, I'm just performing a valuable service here. If you ever find yourself traveling to California on the I-10 and are at the western border of Arizona, you now know where to stop for a snack...
f**k I-10. I was out in Arizona right after college and took that hellish highway from southern Arizona all the way to Mobile Alabama on my way back to DC.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
f**k I-10. I was out in Arizona right after college and took that hellish highway from southern Arizona all the way to Mobile Alabama on my way back to DC.

Ive driven that stretch. The I40 up through North Texas and Oklahoma is much worse.

The I10 through west Texas is like falling a black hole…time and space seems to be altered out there

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ive driven that stretch. The I40 up through North Texas and Oklahoma is much worse.

The I10 through west Texas is like falling a black hole…time and space seems to be altered out there
Yeah I did west Texas on the way out and it was hellish too. Went from Little Rock to Van horn in a day. You see the mountains and think they’re close, then 8 hours go by and you have only seen two gas stations and the mountains are still on the horizon. It’s def the twilight zone out that way.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah I did west Texas on the way out and it was hellish too. Went from Little Rock to Van horn in a day. You see the mountains and think they’re close, then 8 hours go by and you have only seen two gas stations and the mountains are still on the horizon. It’s def the twilight zone out that way.
Imagine an EV on that stretch.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
B) Who were his parents?
E) Who were her parents?

B) Avaija and Steve?
E) Pat and Ashley?

I can't top this.

Some of your best work yet. Bravo.

I can't top this.

Some of your best work yet. Bravo.

Thank you, I do some of my best writing at 1:30am after a night out drinking. In this case I was at a small soiree up in Martha's Vineyard.

Back to our non-political discussion of cars...did anyone see the control freak Dems want to in essence put breathalyzers in every new car for everyone? Should be fun!

((How I know no Kennedys wrote the infrastructure bill)