OT: Important messages from Mason

First Mason now has gender-neutral housing, which I don't care about. Second, and more relevant considering the hateful language some of you have used on this board lately, Mason has also launched a campaign banning use of the word "retard." Do you favor or not favor Mason's anti-retard and gender neutral dorm campaigns?

I am in favor of both. Also, will you be attending the game against UR tonight?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
As a person who works with special needs children for a living I find the term offensive. There are ways to intelligently make a point without using that word.

KAOriginal

All-American
We did a study at work and discovered many un-PC words like the "r" word are just fun to say regardless of their meanings.

They seem to just roll of the tongue and have fun pronunciations available.

KONG

Walk-On
I used to use that word frequently, much to the chagrin of FiveTwo.
Nowadays I prefer to use the term Mongoloid.

KAOriginal

All-American
Problem we face is that the r word...and others have legitimate meanings and definitions, that when used properly...still scare people because they think the word itself is bad when it really isn't....

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I think people should say what they want. The discerning key is if they have malice in their heart when they say it.

I myself think you should be able to use f###ot when you're quoting Jesse Ventura from Predator. I think you should be able to use the n-word when singing Public Enemy, and the "r-word" for occasional comedic purposes and w/ non-special needs people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no doubt some players' growth on the basketball court at Mason has been retarded, for whatever reason.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I enjoy Jollay's presence on this and our former board thoroughly, but I wholeheartedly agree with this article. At the same time, I agree that Jollay can say whatever the hell he wants on a message board

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk