OT - Bomb Threat found at GMU Fairfax Campus overnight

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Annie Yu ‏@AnnieYuFox5 54s
Bomb threat @ GMU (FFX campus). Note found overnight. 7:30a classes @ Art & Design Bldg R cancelled. All other classes set 2 go on as normal

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-248726111.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand
The written threat was discovered in the Art and Design Building on the school's Fairfax campus overnight, according to a post on the school's website.

Police say the community is not in immediate danger, but all classes scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. in that building Thursday have been canceled. Students and staff members are asked to stay away from the building as a precaution.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
somebody had an exam they weren't ready for.....

Haha, I had the same thought. I considered on many occasions pulling a fire alarm when I wasn't prepared for a test, but cooler heads prevailed and I took my F like a man.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Haha, I had the same thought. I considered on many occasions pulling a fire alarm when I wasn't prepared for a test, but cooler heads prevailed and I took my F like a man.

One time I forgot there was a Geology test, but I remembered the teacher said they dropped the lowest test grade so I just skipped class instead. Still got a B.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
One time I forgot there was a Geology test, but I remembered the teacher said they dropped the lowest test grade so I just skipped class instead. Still got a B.

Do you remember who that was? I think I had the same teacher, Rick Diecchio?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Do you remember who that was? I think I had the same teacher, Rick Diecchio?

Nah my teacher was definitely a woman...I don't remember much because I only went maybe 10 times the whole semester to the lecture. Doesn't surprise me that the whole department did the same thing though.

Why I needed a lab science as a music major baffled me, though.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nah my teacher was definitely a woman...I don't remember much because I only went maybe 10 times the whole semester to the lecture. Doesn't surprise me that the whole department did the same thing though.

Why I needed a lab science as a music major baffled me, though.

Yeah everyone had to suffer through geology or some lab science for gen eds. I was in SOM and still had to learn about why Geology rocks! :eek:

Back in my day it was before PowerPoint was used, so the guy used to put up overheads of rock pictures and talk about it. Good way to catch some zzz in lecture hall.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Yeah, those Art & Design exams are tough! Someone should have gotten to those students earlier to help push them to get a real degree! LOL. j/k...a little...

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, those Art & Design exams are tough! Someone should have gotten to those students earlier to help push them to get a real degree! LOL. j/k...a little...

Without designers and artists this world would be a drab and boring place to be.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
George Mason Univ. ‏@GeorgeMasonU 6m
University Police investigating bomb threat at Prince William Campus; Discovery Occoquan Bull Run buildings evacuated. Via Mason Alert

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Maybe we need to sticky this thread since it seems to be such frequent topic