OT - A-10 Outdoor Track and Field Championships

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

National Championships[edit]​

The Patriots have won 2 NCAA team championships, 23 George Mason student-athletes have claimed 35 individual national championships, and 13 George Mason teams have made more than 117 NCAA postseason appearances since the school opened.

Men's
Women's

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

National Championships[edit]​

The Patriots have won 2 NCAA team championships, 23 George Mason student-athletes have claimed 35 individual national championships, and 13 George Mason teams have made more than 117 NCAA postseason appearances since the school opened.

Men's
Women's
Wow, that was fast! Thanks! I was especially interested in the team results.

Have the mutant Asian kids the University has been recruiting won us a video game national title yet whatever that is called. They all mostly practice in the cave behind Brions I think though most shun actual human contact. Do not fear them though if they comb through your belongings looking for food they can be dispersed with a simple cigarette lighter it hurts their eyes.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess since we're bringing up non NCAA National Titles... we have a National Title in Cricket.

I felt like this pic of the guys staring at some titties was most appropriate.

GMUC11.jpg

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I guess since we're bringing up non NCAA National Titles... we have a National Title in Cricket.

I felt like this pic of the guys staring at some titties was most appropriate.

GMUC11.jpg
You want a great party - go to one with a bunch of cricket fanatics during their championship series -- the indian and pakistan community that follows this throws some killer parties with some righteous food. The father of one of the eagle scouts in my son's troop had a party to watch a series - serious blow-out lasting until 4AM.

I did not understand a single thing happening on the tv but had a blast nonetheless.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm glad I am not the only one that can't figure out cricket.
And do people get riled up about the game. The host was the oncologist that treated my dad. A very nice gentle guy who also goes to my church. When the biggest rival to his team went up in point/runs/hits whatever - the man was ready to stab someone to death.

otherwise normal and sane people were going mad.

I couldn't understand it at all.

OP
Old Man

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I've had the opportunity to watch enough cricket to understand the basics. I quite enjoy watching it, but I like watching baseball, too.

If you hit the ball, and it's not caught in the air, you run to the other batters box. If you're safe, ie you make it to the other box before the opposing team throws the ball in to knock over the wicket, you get one run. If you hit the ball well enough to run to the other box and back, you can get two runs.
If you hit the ball for the equivalent of a ground rule double, bounces on the playing field but goes over the very short, maybe 1 foot tall, wall, you get four points.
If you hit a home run, you get six points.
A batter hits until he gets out, so one batter could score 10, 20, 60, or many more runs during their at bat.
I believe if the game is the "20" version, you get 20 different bowlers (pitchers, 6 pitches each turn, and pitchers can repeat) for a total of 120 pitches during which you score as many runs as you can. So, it's either 9 outs or 120 pitches, whichever comes first to to make your score. Then you switch sides and the other team gets their shot. One time at bat per team.

... Oh wait, you really didn't want to know ... scratch everything I just wrote.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am not extremely knowledgeable in cricket, but I do like the natural simplicity of having their batter protect the wicket, where the batter is out if the pitch hits the wicket. This is somewhat analogous to baseball's somewhat fluid strike zone and often a source of much controversy. Using the wicket is much more deterministic.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am not extremely knowledgeable in cricket, but I do like the natural simplicity of having their batter protect the wicket, where the batter is out if the pitch hits the wicket. This is somewhat analogous to baseball's somewhat fluid strike zone and often a source of much controversy. Using the wicket is much more deterministic.

We played kickball cricket style once and it was a lot more fun than the traditional way.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When I studied abroad in London, the housing Mason put us up in was a block over from Lord's, which is basically the Fenway Park/MSG/Big House of Cricket. The Ashes (massive Cricket tourney between England and Australia) was going on at it was absolutely nuts. Just one big party consisting of people from every country the Brits have ever conquered and then f**ked up on the way out the door.

Last edited: