News New George Mason Logo

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Speaking of the Giants and bad looks...

441897077_120208826238200789_1231923757576972558_n.jpg

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It just looks so thin. It could have been a fine logo if they just made it chunkier

That’s what I said. Just make the secondary color an outline rather than three lines of equal weight. It would improve the logo a lot. Just look at Rhode Island’s (which also stinks) and GW’s (which is only slightly better because that font is woof ugly). Still looks better because there is weight to the letters

Davidson’s is pretty awful. So is Duquesne’s. SLU’s little Billikin is the right kind of hilariously bad to be good and makes me think we just use the dumb Patriot face as the logo—dumb Patriot face with his jaunty GM tricorner hat.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
It looks even worse when surrounded by other logos. And with the exception of the Spiders, those are not great logos.
I think what’s worse is how poor the logo rollout has been. I’ve accepted this is now our logo, but they’ve done a poor job making sure internal and external parties are following the new brand guidelines.

This graphic from the A10 shouldn’t be using the green outside/gold inside version on a dark background, looks horrible. The baseball team is probably the biggest offender on how they’ve leaned into the new branding on their graphics. Just a few examples, but if you want people to buy in and build brand recognition, you have to be consistent and prioritize quality control.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Too bad GM will always be next to GW in A10 publications. Just another reminder how we simply copied aspects of some of the worst logos of other schools.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Given the level of unbridled enthusiasm that the boards have expressed over the logo, I'm sure there are tons of you who would be interested in taking advantage of these suggestions!