Name the next head coach (a GMUJim tribute album)

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim, money aside, we have to hope that Prohm is looking to build a program rather than sustain one. There will be exponentially more pressure taking over a job like WSU than with ours.

Much like when Lonegran took over a crappy GW program, Prohm will have a grace period to bring in some of his own players and implement his own system. With WSU (and even Alabama to a lesser extent), he will have immense pressure to not only maintain what they have been doing but even take it to the next level.

We already suck, so there is nowhere to go but up.

"We suck" as a sales pitch? I like it.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Enough of this BS, let's go after Gregg Marshall. I like this dude.

“If Alabama is interested in some crazy offer, we will listen. But it will take a lot.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-ncaa-tournament-gregg-marshall-wichita-state/

I know you are joking because Marshall would never leave a Top 20 program with fanatic support to coach G Mas. However, he is from Roanoke, VA so if another higher profile job was available in the Mid-Atlantic, that might interest him.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This sort of reminds me of the movie Bring it On where the girls bring in a pro to choreograph their routine for them (after realizing they'd been stealing routines from the inner city school for years) and it turns out that pro had sold the same routine to another school in the competition. They sure were embarrassed at regionals. OK, maybe this isn't all that similar, but that movie is definitely one of the top 3 cheerleading movies I've seen.

Gotta disagree here. "Anal Cheerleaders #8" and "Cheerleader gangbang #3" are easily top two. Even though both movies end the same way.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Did LC3 just post to the wrong message board?

Anyway, I just stalked Prohm on FB and he refers to Dalton, GA as his hometown, not Vienna.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Exactly. Let Prohm know the bar is very low right now. He'll be a rock star on campus if he wins 15 games next year.

Oh, and as bad as we think we have it, imagine how One Direction fans feel today after hearing that Zayn is leaving the band. I've already told me wife that she gets to break the news to our 9-year-old daughter.

http://www.thewrap.com/zayn-malik-drops-out-of-boyband-one-direction/
oh sh*t. My 9 year old isn't going to be happy either when she hears this news. She'll still want to go to M&T Bank Stadium in August.
Maybe some Cherry Coke or some new Crocs will lessen the blow.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
UAB just locked up Jarod Haase for six years at $1M plus incentives. AFTER one win in the tourney. They get it. Merten and O'Conner did not.

"The agreement calls for UAB to pay Haase, whose Conference USA Championship team reached the Round of 32 in this year’s NCAA Tournament, total compensation of $1 million per year. Haase will be eligible for incentives tied to the team’s accomplishments on the court and in the classroom.

“Coach Haase is a rising star in college basketball, and we want him and his staff to take UAB to unprecedented levels of success,” Watts said. “Our investments in the program to reach and sustain excellence and win championships, along with the continued support of donors, will make these priorities a reality and bolster all of our athletic programs.”

UAB will make substantial investments in Blazer basketball including planned renovations to create state of the art practice facilities, locker room improvements for the women’s program, and upgrades to Bartow Arena that include remodeled basketball offices and new LED lighting to enhance the game-day experience."

OP
G

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
UAB just locked up Jarod Haase for six years at $1M plus incentives. AFTER one win in the tourney. They get it. Merten and O'Conner did not.

"The agreement calls for UAB to pay Haase, whose Conference USA Championship team reached the Round of 32 in this year’s NCAA Tournament, total compensation of $1 million per year. Haase will be eligible for incentives tied to the team’s accomplishments on the court and in the classroom.

“Coach Haase is a rising star in college basketball, and we want him and his staff to take UAB to unprecedented levels of success,” Watts said. “Our investments in the program to reach and sustain excellence and win championships, along with the continued support of donors, will make these priorities a reality and bolster all of our athletic programs.”

UAB will make substantial investments in Blazer basketball including planned renovations to create state of the art practice facilities, locker room improvements for the women’s program, and upgrades to Bartow Arena that include remodeled basketball offices and new LED lighting to enhance the game-day experience."

Didn't UAB just ax their football team? Are you sure they "get it?"

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Didn't UAB just ax their football team? Are you sure they "get it?"

UAB didn't ax their own football program, the Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama System did.

Kudos to the university's leadership for stepping up and being proactive. It likely won't stop Haase from taking a big-time job down the road, but at least it shows commitment and makes the pool of available poachers smaller than it would've been.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
oh sh*t. My 9 year old isn't going to be happy either when she hears this news. She'll still want to go to M&T Bank Stadium in August.
Maybe some Cherry Coke or some new Crocs will lessen the blow.

Yeah, I remember you saying your daughter was a big fan. I know other posters here like Patriot99, sigmanorm, gmubrian, Dr. Gunnie and Old Man have daughters, but I have no idea if they are 1D fans. My sources also tell me that Jollay is a huge fan despite having a young son. Weird.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Yeah, I am actually sure they do. Football at the CUSA level is a loser. UAB will land in the MVC. They will be okay.

That would be GREAT for UAB. The Valley is an awesome basketball conference.

CLP

Preferred Walk-On
Yeah, I remember you saying your daughter was a big fan. I know other posters here like Patriot99, sigmanorm, gmubrian, Dr. Gunnie and Old Man have daughters, but I have no idea if they are 1D fans. My sources also tell me that Jollay is a huge fan despite having a young son. Weird.

I've got two daughters now, but my oldest is 6. She seems to just bop along to Taylor Swift and I think One Direction passed her by. I'm going to endeavor to keep it that way.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I was at the Hyatt by the Superdome in New Orleans in October on the night 1D was playing next door. Let me tell you, there is no better milf opportunity than drinking at a bar anywhere near a One Direction concert. So many moms who decided to down a few Cabernets while their daughters were in the concert. The entire hotel sparkled with glitter and smelled of Juniper Breeze body splash...

KAOriginal

All-American
I was at the Hyatt by the Superdome in New Orleans in October on the night 1D was playing next door. Let me tell you, there is no better milf opportunity than drinking at a bar anywhere near a One Direction concert. So many moms who decided to down a few Cabernets while their daughters were in the concert. The entire hotel sparkled with glitter and smelled of Juniper Breeze body splash...

MMMM..drinking moms with fragrant body lotion....pardon me while I step into the restroom here at work for a few minute....