MIAMI UPDATE

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Why are you pulling against them?

Many reasons. Mainly I am petty, vindictive and small. But when they were having their good year, I had to hear about it ad nauseum in every thread on these boards the whole year.

I used to wish them well, but some of our "fans" are so irritating, they have caused me to do a 180.

Plus the whole Cuban thing is extremely stupid.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Of course L can't even cover the spread in Overtime.

Terrible game plan by L to allow Virginia to go up by like 20 early. I don't know if that's true, I'm just assuming it is because it always is when Mason goes down big early.

Wow. 1 NCAA appearance in four years after this year. Same or worse as both of L's predecessors at the U. Pathetic.

Look at your God now.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Of course L can't even cover the spread in Overtime.

Terrible game plan by L to allow Virginia to go up by like 20 early. I don't know if that's true, I'm just assuming it is because it always is when Mason goes down big early.

Wow. 1 NCAA appearance in four years after this year. Same or worse as both of L's predecessors at the U. Pathetic.

Look at your God now.

Seriously? A double overtime loss to the #3 team in the country gets him dissed?

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Funny that the game was on in the green room during halftime so people could watch UVA force a second OT and then pull away after that.

If he'd have fouled at the end of the first OT, UVA may not have been able to tie it...

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Seriously? A double overtime loss to the #3 team in the country gets him dissed?

Nope. His body of work over this whole season will.

Missing the NCAA for the third year in four, with a downward trajectory.

I doubt he makes it through his contract. That woman president might keep him on another year if he "produces off the court" though, if you know what I mean.

Look at your God now.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer

To some people this is a sound financial decision, which on paper it is. On the other hand generally recruits prefer Nike schools, so this may effect recruiting (there are exceptions, I mean generally). I've read quotes from L, and he doesn't sound excited about it. He's only stressing how it's important it is to sell the university to recruits. There was no mention of adidas technology or how much kids today like adidas. Time will tell if this was wise.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Yea bc miami gives two shits if little carlos will play ball for them bc he likes nike shoes vs a $10 million check every year.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Interesting as Adidas has recently lost some of its more high profile universities - Notre Dame to Under Armour and Tennessee to Nike.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Am I missing something? A recruit is deciding on which school to attend not based on his chances to get to the pros or his chances to compete for a conference or national championship or be on TV or, God forbid, a career after college but on which shoes he will wear? Do I have that right?

Last edited:

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Am I missing something? A recruit is deciding on which school to attend not based on his chances to get to the pros or his chances to compete for a conference or national championship or be on TV or, God forbide, a career after college but on which shoes he will wear? Do I have that right?

In some recruits minds, unfortunately, yes. I think it's silly myself, but ESPN and college sports blogs are talking about that being a possible impact. I don't understand the 17 and 18 year old mind decision making process either.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Am I missing something? A recruit is deciding on which school to attend not based on his chances to get to the pros or his chances to compete for a conference or national championship or be on TV or, God forbid, a career after college but on which shoes he will wear? Do I have that right?
It's actually a lot bigger than that. It's not really about the recruits, but a lot of top flight AAU teams are funded by Nike and they do everything in their power to steer their players to Nike schools. A number of schools that have gone to UA have seen a dip in recruiting because they've been blackballed by topflight Nike AAU programs. Really sad but true.

KAOriginal

All-American
It's actually a lot bigger than that. It's not really about the recruits, but a lot of top flight AAU teams are funded by Nike and they do everything in their power to steer their players to Nike schools. A number of schools that have gone to UA have seen a dip in recruiting because they've been blackballed by topflight Nike AAU programs. Really sad but true.

This is the type stuff the NCAA needs to be investigating........

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Come on, KA, where are they going to find the time to do that when they are so busy making sure kids like Therence Mayimba are punished? We should be thankful we have the NCAA to protect the Jameis Winstons of the world.

Not to mention not punishing UNC for creating an entire major for athletes so they could skate through school while doing next-to-nothing academically.

Surprised that UNC-Greensboro hasn't already received the death penalty for the academic fraud committed in Chapel Hill .... that's usually the way the NCAA operates.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer

That's true. The influence of AAU can't be understated.