Lets Face Facts

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
What happened to our new 3 out offense? Is The Virus giving up on it already? When passing into the post good things happen. Assists go up, bigs are happy, defense sags leaving our shooters more time to shoot. Hopefully The Virus makes up his mind.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Low FG percentage and low assists often go hand in hand since you obviously can't get an assist on a missed attempt, but your point remains in that we need to move that ball more to get better shots.

I'm happy we finally changed from that's year's horrible system, but I'm still seeing way too much one-on-one play and players standing around without the ball. I'm all for creating mismatches as often as possible, but it's kind of a bad omen when one of our best offensive players (Jenkins) doesn't seem to be thriving in the new system thus far.
We have 15 assists on our 45 made shots, a 33.3% rate. That reflects not sharing the ball particularly well.

OP
TweederGMU

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have my starting 5 figured out. I would start Moore, Edwards, Holloway, Jenkins, Thompson.

I'll add Edwards cause he can flat out shoot the 3 and consistently make jump shots. He brings offense and another ball handler and 3 threat. Plus he plays defense and can draw a charge. His passing has gotten better from last year. Smarter player.

Put Jenkins at the 4 and just let him attack and rebound. Marko and Royal first off the bench then Jackson. Gray can sit the bench for all I care at this point. His ship has sailed.

Can't be any worse than what we are seeing against WV.

Gray is inconsistent and the freshmen are not ready to start yet.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
the freshmen are not ready to start yet.
Nah, start the freshmen. Get them ready, and get them more invested at Mason so they don't transfer when he's fired. We've only played 3 games and already look like garbage to the selection committee. The OOC is meaningless. Let these kids get experience against all these great teams with very different styles. Trial by fire.

OP
TweederGMU

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nah, start the freshmen. Get them ready, and get them more invested at Mason so they don't transfer when he's fired. We've only played 3 games and already look like garbage to the selection committee. The OOC is meaningless. Let these kids get experience against all these great teams with very different styles. Trial by fire.

It doesn't matter the starting 5 of a team once a new coach comes in. He is going to evaluate everyone and go with the best starting 5, doesn't mean anything on who the starting 5 are or were.

Right now.... Edwards gives us our best shot at winning ball games.

LOL. Selection Committee? You talking about the CBI selection committee? NO chance on an NCAA or NIT bid this year. We probably wouldn't even be invited to that tournament this year.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It doesn't matter the starting 5 of a team once a new coach comes in. He is going to evaluate everyone and go with the best starting 5, doesn't mean anything on who the starting 5 are or were.

Right now.... Edwards gives us our best shot at winning ball games.

LOL. Selection Committee? You talking about the CBI selection committee? NO chance on an NCAA or NIT bid this year. We probably wouldn't even be invited to that tournament this year.
That's my point - the concept of a bid is an absolute joke, which means the win/loss total at the end of the preseason is 100% meaningless. Honestly, I think the concept of a cbi/cit/clit bid is a joke.

What I meant (and typed) about the young guys re: a new coach is the idea of being invested in a program and school. I did not reference the promise of continued starts. Kids that have spent a lot of time on the pine use a coaching change as an excuse to disappear. Kids who have played a lot, especially those whose egos have been inflated by starting 20+ games, are a bit more likely to stick around,

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I appreciate your honest evaluation of the team. What do you mean by "reassessment"? I don't want to put words in your mouth, as you seem to have been one of the last Hewitt holdouts (with the falling of gumtom/Raider after Friday's game), one who seemed to think it was more the players than the coaching, you seem to be saying that you now believe Hewitt is the problem. Is that a reasonably accurate interpretation?

Sorry for the very slow reply. Been on a two-week work bender. Yes, you are accurate. I like that guys still seem to play hard for Hewitt and that he seems to run a clean program off the court while graduating kids, but those don't cancel out the dumpster fire of an offense we have. I was optimistic after the exhibition game because we had movement and balance on the court. Since then, we've been the same team as the last few years with less offensive talent. Once we reach conference play and teams properly scout us, we may wind up averaging about 50 points a night.

Saturday was a great comeback that I'd love to see jumpstart us a little bit, but I'm not optimistic. I'd have preferred he get the boot before the Catawba game, but that win probably gets him the season. Oh well.

couchcoach

Sixth Man
rpiforecast state we have 13x more likely chance to go rest of season without another win than we are to have winning record (0.13% vs. 0.01%) :vomit:

cock gobbler must go