Jarred Reuter??

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Anyone who watched that game and thought Reuter was the problem doesn’t know basketball. You can argue whether or not he should be taking the final shot, but that’s on the coaching staff.

There’s a big difference between not having a big enough center to be able to effectively single-team the post, and Reuter not being able to get the job done. He can’t control his height and quickness. He’s had some duds but today was not one of them. We lost from the arc and the free throw line.

If you want to knock him for missing 2 or 3 rebounds, fine. But Kier had some weird turnovers, Miller missed almost every free throw, Otis played zero defense, and Javon got T’d up (not sure warranted or not.) Reuter was no more at fault than anyone else.
I agree reuter didn’t cost us the game, but the 5 spot is the weakest link on the team still.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I agree reuter didn’t cost us the game, but the 5 spot is the weakest link on the team still.

Im going to say right now it’s our bench. We had Hartwell, AJ, and JDS available today outside the walk-ons. We really could have used a healthy Boyd and Calixte today.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Im going to say right now it’s our bench. We had Hartwell, AJ, and JDS available today outside the walk-ons. We really could have used a healthy Boyd and Calixte today.
That’s fair, we don’t have quality depth at the moment. But even when we had depth the 5 spot has been a liability.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oh for sure. Not being able to play the post straight up is what kills us. We just can’t recover in time and the second pass to the corner kills us every single time.

Calixte would’ve helped today. I’m pretty disappointed we didn’t really attack any of their guys with four fouls though.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oh for sure. Not being able to play the post straight up is what kills us. We just can’t recover in time and the second pass to the corner kills us every single time.

Calixte would’ve helped today. I’m pretty disappointed we didn’t really attack any of their guys with four fouls though.
Also let’s be real, Reuter is a below average defender. Which is fine if you have four guys who can defend. But Otis literally cannot play defense. We have 3.5 guys playing D. It’s a bit disheartening watching a smaller and less experienced player go off on Otis.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Don't take it personally. No worries. Some on this board think that only one opinion matters....their own. A select few think that an opinion is only valid if you have x number of posts. It's one of the things I don't care for on the boards .... .

Why do people keep saying this? This is a message board. If you post something be prepared for someone to have an opinion on your post.

You keep saying “oh people are not allowed to have opinions” and then turn around And whine and bitch when someone expresses an opinion about YOUR opinion.

No one has been banned for hating Reuter or Paulsen. I started a thread proclaiming to Fire Dave Paulsen and guess what? The Masonhoops gestapo did not show up to my door and confiscate my iPhone and laptop.

So where in the world do you feel that “people are not allowed to have opinions?” It’s f**king retarded. And by the way I am not a Reuter fan at all either.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Why do people keep saying this? This is a message board. If you post something be prepared for someone to have an opinion on your post.

You keep saying “oh people are not allowed to have opinions” and then turn around And whine and bitch when someone expresses an opinion about YOUR opinion.

No one has been banned for hating Reuter or Paulsen. I started a thread proclaiming to Fire Dave Paulsen and guess what? The Masonhoops gestapo did not show up to my door and confiscate my iPhone and laptop.

So where in the world do you feel that “people are not allowed to have opinions?” It’s f*cking retarded. And by the way I am not a Reuter fan at all either.
My objection is and always will be that a few select individuals resort to personal attacks and insults. You can disagree. That's fine. Just be civil. That's my point.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I think most of us are pretty civil, unless it’s obvious that someone is trolling and looking to get a rise out of people by beating a dead horse that goes in a big circle. That’s usually where the pissfest starts. I have lots of fun on here though :cigar:

By George.

Starter
Anyone who watched that game and thought Reuter was the problem doesn’t know basketball. You can argue whether or not he should be taking the final shot, but that’s on the coaching staff.

There’s a big difference between not having a big enough center to be able to effectively single-team the post, and Reuter not being able to get the job done. He can’t control his height and quickness. He’s had some duds but today was not one of them. We lost from the arc and the free throw line.

If you want to knock him for missing 2 or 3 rebounds, fine. But Kier had some weird turnovers, Miller missed almost every free throw, Otis played zero defense, and Javon got T’d up (not sure warranted or not.) Reuter was no more at fault than anyone else.

Not talking about just the last shot. I’m talking about ALL game(s).

He clearly stated he was talking about an accumulation of games and not just about Saturday. You chose to focus on Saturday. It’s the coaching staffs fault that Jarred couldn’t get the ball to a guard for the last shot?

Here’s what I took away from what you said, if you have to defend a player by pointing out that other players made bad mistakes too...we’re in trouble.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He clearly stated he was talking about an accumulation of games and not just about Saturday. You chose to focus on Saturday. It’s the coaching staffs fault that Jarred couldn’t get the ball to a guard for the last shot?

Here’s what I took away from what you said, if you have to defend a player by pointing out that other players made bad mistakes too...we’re in trouble.

Sometimes the other team does a good job defending what you are trying to do. Duquesne fought off the screen and prevented the handoff. If happens. Reuter has a decent look at the basket and failed to convert. Who knows if Kier would have converted had he gotten the ball.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

The post was made five minutes after the game, which clearly implies this one was on him. I’m not Reuter’s biggest fan, and Saturday was frustrating as hell, but come on.

No one is making threads after games saying “how many more games are we going to let Otis’s lack of defense cost us?” Losing by one point and then singling out one guy as being the one that cost us is just dumb. We were up 20 points.

But I agree that we are in trouble. DP gets more out of his players talent level than one would expect, but every year we run into some lack of depth be it either through only having eight guys or injuries. We’re running on empty and it’s showing.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Sometimes the other team does a good job defending what you are trying to do. Duquesne fought off the screen and prevented the handoff. If happens. Reuter has a decent look at the basket and failed to convert. Who knows if Kier would have converted had he gotten the ball.

Agreed. I actually broke down this play with @EXpatriot13 via text and Reuter had no chance to return the ball to kier off the screen. Once he put his head down if he dished out, kier would have put up a challenged and rushed 3 (his shot is slow), or Reuter probably would have traveled.

I think the original play called for Greene to get the ball back to Otis, Otis to drive and step back for a 3 if he needed, but that play was broken up by Duquesne.

It honestly should have never came down to the final play.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Agreed. I actually broke down this play with @EXpatriot13 via text and Reuter had no chance to return the ball to kier off the screen. Once he put his head down if he dished out, kier would have put up a challenged and rushed 3 (his shot is slow), or Reuter probably would have traveled.

I think the original play called for Greene to get the ball back to Otis, Otis to drive and step back for a 3 if he needed, but that play was broken up by Duquesne.

It honestly should have never came down to the final play.
All fair points. My opinion is less of a detriment on Rueter and what he did/didn't do on the last play - he did everything he could with the hand he was dealt. I just don't agree with having Rueter touch the ball/be a main component of the final play. Paulsen basically had two opportunities to draw up something creative to get ANY of his main scorers the ball and I just don't think he did enough there. It looked like Duquesne knew what was coming and we didn't do much to throw them off that thinking.

Again, Rueter did his best in the situation he was put in. I'm of the belief Paulsen could have done more there. Paulsen and the final play aren't the reasons we lost this game - that is on the players for lack of execution, sloppiness and lack of awareness throughout multiple stretches in the 2nd half.