Goodbye Tyler Kolek

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just one more thing to all the people that don't give two s---- about my posts, think I'd be better off with the swim mom's group, should leave this site, etc.
I have a right to say what I think, as you do you. If I think the *** words are inappropriate as well as immature, I have a right to say it. If I think the incessant talk of meeting at Brion's to drink is a sad way to celebrate, I have a right to say it. Just as you guys have a right to *** and go there and drink. Since when do we all have to agree? That is you. This is me.

I love the info. on this site. You guys are great at keeping me up to speed on GMU basketball. I have never felt so plugged in.

So here's the deal. You continue to post what you like, I'll continue to post what I like, and we'll just agree to not like anything about each other except our love for our team. Or, you can block me. OR, and I am serious about this, if those in charge of this site want me to leave, they can let me know, I'll log out and just read the posts.
And to my "pal" not all sports internet sites are like this. I am a regular on a Nats site that is informative, witty, and virtually free of vitriol. That's where I stand.
I love my team. And I appreciate this site.
Kudos to those who run it. I am glad I donated.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just one more thing to all the people that don't give two s---- about my posts, think I'd be better off with the swim mom's group, should leave this site, etc.
I have a right to say what I think, as you do you. If I think the *** words are inappropriate as well as immature, I have a right to say it. If I think the incessant talk of meeting at Brion's to drink is a sad way to celebrate, I have a right to say it. Just as you guys have a right to *** and go there and drink. Since when do we all have to agree? That is you. This is me.

I love the info. on this site. You guys are great at keeping me up to speed on GMU basketball. I have never felt so plugged in.

So here's the deal. You continue to post what you like, I'll continue to post what I like, and we'll just agree to not like anything about each other except our love for our team. Or, you can block me. OR, and I am serious about this, if those in charge of this site want me to leave, they can let me know, I'll log out and just read the posts.
And to my "pal" not all sports internet sites are like this. I am a regular on a Nats site that is informative, witty, and virtually free of vitriol. That's where I stand.
Fine, you can have a water with no ice on me at the patriot center next season then since you see fit to decline my offer of hops and friendship.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
iu

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I mean this is like the 7th time in the two weeks you’ve been on this board talking about people being meanies to ya. It just might not be the place for you considering I’m not seeing anyone doing anything particularly wrong to you. Swimom has a friends and family Facebook group that might be better pace for you.
r/BarneyAndFriends

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

I never said a word to you before you started calling out my posts. I was perfectly happy posting what I liked, you're the one who took issue. Don't start things and then when someone calls you out back off and hide under "agree to disagree".

No one here really has bad blood. Sure once in a while I swear, or Jim and Sleeper have one of their arguments, or DJ3 does a whoopsie and doxxes someone. But at the end of the day everyones perfectly fine with each other.

Also, if you don't like bad words or drinking, just you wait until we drop a home game in January to Fordham

Last edited:

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Dude, you are on fire funny today! When I read this one, I actually did a spit take. I am now cleaning Mountain Dew spray off my glasses, desk, computer, phone, etc.
This shit is hilarious :ROFLMAO:
Who knew Ned Flanders was a Mason fan and created an account on the boards.

Wel diddly come to boards GMU 7 Diddly 9. GO MASON ..... diddly

JPgmuswim

Starter

You do you Boo. No one hates anyone on here, keep posting if you like or don’t if that makes you feel better. We know you don’t like other members choice of vocabulary that has been made very clear. The board does provide great information but you have to accept that it’s in a locker room feel environment.

At the end of the day we all share some kind of common connection/interest in Mason, and “most” of us on here are sarcastic smartasses, that’s not going to change.

Side note I used to visit some Nats boards too and found them boring as “heck”, but I was also one of the fans you would find before and after the game at the Bullpen across from the ballpark celebrating with overpriced beers.

Lastly do you happen to sit in section 115 at home games?

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This won't help this discussion but I'm going to say it anyway. IMO, Sleeper you lost all recruiting credibility when you bashed Oduro to no end the spring/summer before he arrived on campus. How many times did we hear that he had no business playing D1 ball? At times, it almost seemed oddly personal. Oduro has a chance to be an all league player before his time at Mason is finished and its obvious that CKE made him a priority when he arrived.

Oh, and lets not forget how you made it seem like Kolek couldn't possibly be any good because you were some expert on the league he played in. Sometimes in life we get it wrong, its fine, admit it and keep it moving. Constantly doubling down on obviously bad takes is just a bad look.
I liked what I saw from Oduro at the end of the season. If he can build on that, he will be a good to great player. Hopefully he can strive in KEs system, but he hasn’t proven to be a consistent player yet.

Last edited:

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I liked what I saw from Oduro at the end of the season. If he can build on that, he will be a good to great player. Hopefully he can arrive in KEs system, but he hasn’t proven to be a consistent player yet.
There's no question Josh had his ups and down like most young players, but I don't think anybody saw him averaging 10 points and 6 boards a game as a sophomore. I think we all agree he needs to get better defensively, but I think we will see his game improve significantly on both ends under English.