News George Mason student produces Final 4 documentary

gmubball09

Walk-On
That video brought tears to my eyes and some great memories. Traveling to every game that post season, sitting in DC for the UCONN game watching that final shot go up. You could seriously hear a pin drop until it bricked. Staying in hotels lobby rooms, sleeping on peoples floors, floating beer cans up to the ceilings of said hotel lobby's.

I'm glad they brought Merten into it. Yes, he is to blame for where we are at, along with TOC, but, it's great seeing their perspective. You have to admit, for have far south our basketball team has gotten, you need to look at the positives on the opposite side. How much growth would we have sustained if that did NOT happen? Campus now, which is very depressing to say, is COMPLETELY different then when I started back in 2005. And I mean mind-blowing different. I don't think it would have happened (at this rate) without that run. Do I wish, we were still getting to the tournament year in year our or at least once every 2/3 years? Hell yes I do, But, regardless of how crappy our team is, Once a Patriot, Always a Patriot. (Literally for me ;)) haha But in all seriousness, this was a great video done by Patriots.

I don't understand what the "Carlos Yates" issue would be. I know his story, but if UMD can put Bias up in the rafters...Mason has no reason to continue to ignore Yates.

And how pathetic is it that everyone of those in the HOF played in the 70's and Mason has done nothing with it since then.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
It should be noted that some of Mason's sports have started their own HOF. If the school refuses to re-start its Athletic HOF, then perhaps Hewitt's successor will do so for the men's basketball program.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

1. Scott Cherry ‏@Coach11Cherry 4h4 hours ago
    @Butler2two @BillRohland @CoachDorsett @HighPointUBball Lamar you are welcome but you did all the heavy lifting to get that ring !!

2. Lamar Butler ‏@Butler2two 3h3 hours ago
    @Coach11Cherry @BillRohland @CoachDorsett @HighPointUBball I took notes from you giving us buckets in practice! Lol

3. Scott Cherry ‏@Coach11Cherry 3h3 hours ago
    @Butler2two good ole days !!! Lol. You and your teammates were really talented, believed in common goal & trusted each other. #Final4

I sure hope that Scott Cherry will be interested in becoming the next coach here!

KAOriginal

All-American
For starters: what about one criteria being you have to be on a team that plays in the NCAAT. Either that, or you have to be on a conference championship team.

No......

Things like--2X Conference Player of the Year, National Player of the Year, becoming Mason's all time leading scorer, made 1st team all conference in something offense/defense, (except academic) all 4 years.....things like that.

Dawgs99

Starter
No......

Things like--2X Conference Player of the Year, National Player of the Year, becoming Mason's all time leading scorer, made 1st team all conference in something offense/defense, (except academic) all 4 years.....things like that.

I agree, the honor of a retired jersey should be held for only the best of the best.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to honor jerseys in my basement a few years ago (boy that sounds creepy), here are the players I added:

mason_jerseys_small_1.png

The criteria was that they had to be 1st team all conference to receive the "honor".

Here are some at the top of the wall - surprisingly none of the players came out for the honoring ceremony.

mason_jerseys_small_2.png

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I decided to honor jerseys in my basement a few years ago (boy that sounds creepy), here are the players I added:

The criteria was that they had to be 1st team all conference to receive the "honor".

Here are some at the top of the wall - surprisingly none of the players came out for the honoring ceremony.

Any display that doesn't include the immortal Byron Tucker is invalid. o_O

Vurbel

Hall of Famer

And I thought I was a fan! I just have tshirts and a couple posters!

sigmanorm

Starter
So who would we nominate? I think we all agree Evans. Then past that arguments could be made for:

Yates
Butler
Thomas
Rose
Gaddy
Miskiri
Pearson
Morrison
I don't know if we go retired numbers, but maybe a ring of fame or hall of fame. Too early for Thomas, Butler, Morrison and Pearson. I think they have to be at least 10 years removed from playing for the program before they are considered.

My Vote for First Class ROF/HOF: (do we have one already?)
Yates, Evans, Sanders, Rose, Dykes, Jones, Miskiri and Gaddy

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This is a marketing opportunity. I don't think you want honor everyone at once, even if they deserve it right away. They should do 2 or 3 a year until we're caught up. Honor each one at a different game, and let each player have their night. Give away a keepsake (bobblehead, pennant, whatever) to all fans who attend.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't Curtis McCants' jersey be included?