Poll George Mason or Mason or GMU?

What name should be on the front of the basketball uniforms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I thought we should've changed our colors to red, white and blue when we moved to the A10. The timing would have made sense and we are the "Patriots". Is there another pro, college or high school named "Patriots" that isn't red, white and blue?

Most importantly, the baseball team could have uniforms like the Montreal Expos in the early 80s; the gold standard

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This one

Attachments

• 52CD661E-214E-40E3-A443-062840D7162A.jpeg
    52CD661E-214E-40E3-A443-062840D7162A.jpeg
    20.1 KB · Views: 294

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023

Finally found a hat with that logo on it. Had to actually go to the bookstore to get it (4,000+ mile trip for me) since it's not available online, but at least they had it. I still think this should be our primary logo.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Finally found a hat with that logo on it. Had to actually go to the bookstore to get it (4,000+ mile trip for me) since it's not available online, but at least they had it. I still think this should be our primary logo.
Is that the one the baseball team uses? Or one very similar?

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Is that the one the baseball team uses? Or one very similar?
It's similar...I like the one they use as well:
1632847997078.png

The GM logo hat I bought wasn't shaped like a real baseball hat...it's the lower profile design that is fully adjustable in the back. On field style baseball hats make my head look stupid, but that's beside the point.

The main point is the GM logo is good in any form and we should be using it instead of the shooting star.

OP
Walter

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Good thing there isn't already a well known and poorly thought of "GM"

green_gm_logo_file_383.jpg

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It's similar...I like the one they use as well:
View attachment 1132

The GM logo hat I bought wasn't shaped like a real baseball hat...it's the lower profile design that is fully adjustable in the back. On field style baseball hats make my head look stupid, but that's beside the point.

The main point is the GM logo is good in any form and we should be using it instead of the shooting star.
I agree 100%! Full size caps make my head look stupid too.
AND, yes, get rid of the star and use the GM. I also like the quill M.
I also think an menacing patriot logo would look good.

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I agree 100%! Full size caps make my head look stupid too.
AND, yes, get rid of the star and use the GM. I also like the quill M.
I also think an menacing patriot logo would look good.
Menacing .... menacing ... oh no, we can't have that! It might scare the children! And quite a few adults, too, of more recent vintage.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Question for the masses - let's say jerseys became available and you could get any player on the roster, who would you get? Kind of hard with all the turnover and new faces.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Current roster - Oduro. However, I would be more likely to purchase a George Evans throwback jersey. Or maybe Nate Langley, Riley Trone or Craig Hodges.

OP
Walter

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
If he can pull me from the darkest depths of "I'll never donate to the program again" to being fully committed again, I would hope he has convinced everyone to come back into the fold.
My "no donation" protest was not about basketball, but with the overall direction of the university. Even then, I still donated to IHS but not through the GMU Foundation.

But, yes, CKE has earned my donation.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
I like the Pollock Splatter looking one. They should do that with the basketball jerseys too (at least the home whites).

They way the did the logo too reminds me of the USFL New Jersey Generals.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I like the Pollock Splatter looking one. They should do that with the basketball jerseys too (at least the home whites).

They way the did the logo too reminds me of the USFL New Jersey Generals.

That is cool looking, but it would be against the NCAA rules on jersey color (here comes my nerd speak):

Art. 5. The neutral zone(s) of the game jersey shall be of the same single color. A tonal design effect is permitted within the neutral zone(s) provided the tonal shifts are not more than 15% from the color of the neutral zone.

Although last year we wore an illegal jersey (the cream Patriots jersey), so maybe it doesn't matter:

3. The numbers on the front and back of the game jersey shall be centered horizontally in the neutral zone and be of the same color and style.

Those had a number that was off to the side and not centered. Would suck to get a technical foul for a jersey because who ever ordered them had no idea what the rules are (although it wouldn't have mattered against Fordham because they suck).

2BCC158B-B15F-4E7C-AF4A-303ED4BCB78B-900x599.jpeg