Game 9: GMU (4-4) vs ODU (3-5) on Saturday, December 4, at 7 PM.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I believe this kicks off the stretch of every week having Mason basketball through March, right? Lets go!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Kenpom indicates that ODU is pretty good at creating turnovers (60th). On the other hand, XJ has our highest turnover rate (but also our best assist rate).

Edit: Actually, Gray's turnover rate is substantially worse than XJ. Maybe Gaines brings the ball up a la Luke Hancock?

FreeGunston12

All-American
Kenpom indicates that ODU is pretty good at creating turnovers (60th). On the other hand, XJ has our highest turnover rate (but also our best assist rate).

Edit: Actually, Gray's turnover rate is substantially worse than XJ. Maybe Gaines brings the ball up a la Luke Hancock?
If Gray can just play like he did in garbage time against Nevada, it'd go a long way to steadying the ship. There was a little flash of potential there. Here's to hoping he grows up fast.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Let’s goooooo what a run. Great face guarding by Gray has caused issues and our guards are being aggressive. In the lead for good I’m hoping. ODU is bad

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Looks like Hartwell is doing the usual....missing shots and getting burned on defense. And taking off down the court while Oduro is left to dribble it up (PG, what?) It would be really nice if we had another option at point.
While gray may be extremely limited offensively he’s doing a hell of a job on defense so far

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is what happens when teams figure out your big man can't pass out of doubles well, and they're not scared of your wing shooters. Needs to be more cuts to the hoop by Cooper and Schwartz when the double comes, give Josh some easy short assists.
To be fair every time they have cut Oduro has thrown it away tonight lol. I’m not sure how to fix the problem though

FreeGunston12

All-American
Well our offense looks absolutely dismal. I'm not sure our defense looks that much better or if ODU really just can't shoot.

Either we've got to figure out how to exploit the double team on Oduro or we've got to run the offense through someone else.