Game 7: GMU (5-1) vs NJIT (1-4) on Wednesday, November 29, at 7:00 PM.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
You gotta be hatin' life if you bet Mason to beat the spread.
9cpxrg6Bi.png

Last edited by a moderator:

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I feel like during the DP era we lose this game by 4, the CKE era we win this game by 1-2. Had all the classic markers of a bad Mason game...Q4 opponent, sloppy play, our best player having an off night, some random guy on the other team playing like Steph Curry, etc. etc. etc.

Instead we turned on the jets and pulled away. The first half wasn't pretty but NJIT was in the double bonus by the 9 minute mark, and my thinking was they couldn't hang with us all night if they needed to foul us that bad to stay in it.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You gotta be hatin' life if you bet Mason to beat the spread.

If I bet I would have bet NJIT to cover (beating any team by more than 20 is hard) and would have happily lost my money if Mason beat the spread.
I feel like during the DP era we lose this game by 4, the CKE era we win this game by 1-2. Had all the classic markers of a bad Mason game...Q4 opponent, sloppy play, our best player having an off night, some random guy on the other team playing like Steph Curry, etc. etc. etc.

Instead we turned on the jets and pulled away. The first half wasn't pretty but NJIT was in the double bonus by the 9 minute mark, and my thinking was they couldn't hang with us all night if they needed to foul us that bad to stay in it.

Yes. Seemed like they fouled on every drive to the hoop. They also aggressively pressed almost the whole game and what’s impressive about the second half especially is Mason only had two TOs the entire half, both of which were miscommunication passes that were thrown out of bounds.