Game 4: St. Francis (PA), Nov. 19th, 7 PM, NO TV

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
What a derpfest. Marko was baked, Johnny wearing mittens, Sherrod had rocks in his shoes and Okoloji has two more elbows where his hands should be. Good lord.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Arledge left the program? If true, pretty big loss.

polepino

Starter
So Arledge left the program? If true, pretty big loss.

Ehhh? First time I heard this.

In other news... Don't look now but our friends in Foggy Bottom are 4-0 as well. Looks like we are gearing up for a pretty hotly contested home and home!

MASONscott

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
per Patrick Stevens - Sherrod Wright "We played terrible and we won. We won off our defense. Our execution was poor. Didn't look like a normal Mason team."

Wtf about Arledge?

Mason2005

All-American
GIVING DAY 2023
Corey having the ball ripped away from him under the basket then getting an and 1 called against him should have him not a starter anymore.

If JA wants to go to a ACC team and be the last guy off the bench, so be it.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Don't let the score of the Iona/Kansas game fool you... Iona was in that game for about 30 mins before Kansas slammed the door and went on a run

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
If Jon wants to find a way to get an extra year so he can develop, I can understand that. But he has a great opportunity right here. He doesn't have to leave to achieve his NBA dreams. He just has to toughen up and start using his incredible talent.

sigmanorm

Starter
Corey having the ball ripped away from him under the basket then getting an and 1 called against him should have him not a starter anymore.

That is exactly what I yelled from my seat when Corey did that. "That is what you are losing your starting job" You can't be lazy like that.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Very lucky to escape this one. SFU lost the game at the free throw line. 10 - 26 is pretty sad, we got lucky but I'll take it.

Patriotfan49

Starter

Kinda like how Luke can go ride pine at Lousiville? Or OCM can go dwell in the cellar in the ACC?

lol.....the predictions that everybody had about guys moving on have been pretty off so far. Maybe JA goes on and becomes a good ACC player too.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My thoughts from last night:

If SFU could shoot free throws, they win. Man, I thought we are bad from the line, they were brutal.

I have to disagree with Sherrod, our defense did not win the game. SFU just missed too many open looks.....when they weren't going in for layups.

I don't like switching on every ball screen. Our bigs end up out on the top and guards blow right by them.

I wonder why we don't press early against a team like SFU. We sleep-walked through much of the first half. Its tough to sleep-walk if the guys are forced to run full court early.

I HATE when our bigs set picks and our guards put 3 feet between them and the pick. 99% of the time last night our guards allowed their defender to slide over the pick because they didn't get close enough. IMO, that's coaching.

The refs were as bad (both ways) as the play on the court.

I never thought I'd feel this down on a 4-0 team. Look on the bright side, we aren't peaking too early............

Patriotfan49

Starter
I agree, wasnt D at all.....SFU was just a terrible bball team and didnt make anything.

We still are having issues with the same fundamental issues (screen swaps, guards sagging leaving the permiter wide open for 3, post passes, inbounds etc) Five two you are right, SFU did an obviously better job setting screens where our guys have to go around...where as our players do it to where the defender can skirt through and follow the ball regardless.

Holloway and his trigger and decisions....... getting slightly annoying now that he is no longer a freshman.

Good to be 4-0, but that was a pretty pathetic way to follow up a very good showing against UNI against a very inferior team in SFU.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm going to hope that the other news of yesterday had an impact on the product we saw on the court last night. If those guys just learned that JA was no longer going to be a part of the team sometime after arriving at the Patriot Center I can see where they'd have been distracted. There was definitely far less intensity and activity on the bench last night. During player intros I even saw coach and J2 having a serious looking conversation between themselves. Let's hope the remaining seniors step up on and off the court to keep everyone focused going forward.

I'm not sure i'd blame the entire ref crew or just the one awful ref (bald guy). After Hewitt correctly lost it over them almost giving 3 shots on a foul well inside the line, that guy decided to hold a grudge and whistled us for everything. Pretty sure Vaughn Gray was whistled for a foul at one point when he was about 3 feet away from his man.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Definitely an ugly game and not fun at all to watch. Need to play much better offensively and defensively if we stand a chance short-handed at Iona.

Patriotfan49

Starter
I'm not sure i'd blame the entire ref crew or just the one awful ref (bald guy). After Hewitt correctly lost it over them almost giving 3 shots on a foul well inside the line, that guy decided to hold a grudge and whistled us for everything. Pretty sure Vaughn Gray was whistled for a foul at one point when he was about 3 feet away from his man.

Weve had that ref many times in CAA play.....and he is awful everytime. Hes dramatic, ticky tack, and seems like an overall horrible person lol.

I was baffled that Hewitt had to plead, beg, cry about getting them to review that foul call. The dude was basically near the foul line and they gave him three shots....They spent more time conversing about the call, than it would have taken originally to just double check the monitor.