Game 4: GMU (2-1) at Paradise Jam vs Boston College (2-1) on Friday, November 18, at 8:00 PM.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m pissed about the game last night and think it probably sunk any aspirations some of us may have had for this squad, but I’m far from being ready to chase off English. This may not age well, but I’m still believing he is the dude right now to turn us around. There’s some things im worried about from this team (effort, fundamentals, defense, roster construction). I’m not sounding the alarm bells quite yet.
I get you, but those alarm bells are not far off. Something has to change dramatically THIS season, or bring on the bells.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agree with you. I’m just saying that if we aren’t in the tourney next year I am jumping off the ledge and will be in the “it’s time to find another coach” camp.
Yep, not happening. Switch that to this year. KE ain't the guy.

Not an X's and O's guy. Hewitt 2.0

Old Ram

Preferred Walk-On
Hey folks, step away from the ledge- it was only one game. It‘s a long season and there will be good days and bad days.

Let’s get through the rest of the tournament before showing CKE the door. It’s just the beginning of his second year. Building this program into a NCAA tournament participant is going to take time.

1668905614356.jpeg

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wanted it to be him and drank the Kool-aid last year. But this year he has shown nothing. Players have regressed, tons of Turnovers and zero defense in majority of the games, team is struggling with Free Throws, team looks lost on the court.

Don't want to hear give it time.... no. He chose not to bring in a true point guard and roll with Singleton and Ronnie, he chose to bring in these transfer players, he chose his coaches. F it. All on him at this point. And here we are losing to teams we should beat and hardly any player development going on and a stale a** offense.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Agree with you. I’m just saying that if we aren’t in the tourney next year I am jumping off the ledge and will be in the “it’s time to find another coach” camp.
Jump all you want. He has a 5-year contract and there is zero chance Mason is buying out more than one year @$925,000 per. It’s simply not happening.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jump all you want. He has a 5-year contract and there is zero chance Mason is buying out more than one year @$925,000 per. It’s simply not happening.
Could he be fired for breach of contract? Cuz right now he sure as heck is breaching it.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I am not suggesting anything with this, I am just posting it as relevant information:

“ If the university wishes to buy out English in his first or second year, it would have to pay 100 percent of the base salary and supplemental compensation ($925,000). If it decides to buy him out before the end of his third year, it would pay 75 percent of the base salary and supplemental compensation ($693,750). Finally, if the university decides to buy out in the final two years, it would have to pay 50 percent of the base salary and supplemental compensation ($462,500).”

Source: http://gmufourthestate.com/2021/04/...s-basketball-head-coach-kim-english-released/

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, I mean we will see. Time is ticking, and if I recall Kim didn’t get the courtesy one year extension that Dave did. He still has about 80 something games guaranteed to figure things out.

I’m certainly not impressed so far this year.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ahem..Tony Skinn is right across the river…
Honest question...I know Tony was highly recommended here before Kim's hire, but how do we know he would be any good either? Has he ever been a head coach?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Honest question...I know Tony was highly recommended here before Kim's hire, but how do we know he would be any good either? Has he ever been a head coach?
He hasn’t and honestly as much as I’d love Tony to coach one day at Mason, I think it’s way too soon to think about him taking over. Kim is our guy.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yeah, I mean we will see. Time is ticking, and if I recall Kim didn’t get the courtesy one year extension that Dave did. He still has about 80 something games guaranteed to figure things out.

I’m certainly not impressed so far this year.

I'm not gonna get excited/optimistic about GMU bball until they are proving themselves on the court. I've finally learned - heck, I was optimistic with the Paulsen hire. Hasn't been any reason to be excited since L.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not gonna get excited/optimistic about GMU bball until they are proving themselves on the court. I've finally learned - heck, I was optimistic with the Paulsen hire. Hasn't been any reason to be excited since L.
I was optimistic with Paulsen too. Heck, the man won a National Championship. And I'm ashamed to admit it, but I liked Hewitt too. Took a GT team to the championship game and seemed like an outstanding recruiter. Even if he wasn't a great coach, I figured we would just out-talent everybody else in the conference.
Sure looks like I'm headed for a 0 for 3.
Though I still remember UNC students hung Dean Smith in effigy in his first year. So I guess there's hope. But it ain't lookin' good.