Game 2: GMU (0-1) vs Longwood (0-1) on Friday, November 11, at 7 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Home opener! Get out to EBA, fill in those seats, and bring a loud voice with you!!!!!!

GMU is 3 - 0 all-time against Longwood.

Longwood was 26-7 (15-1) last season and lost to Tennessee in the first round of the NCAA tourney. This season the Lancers are picked to finish 1st in the Big South. Isaiah Wilkins has been named to the 2022-23 Big South First Team All-Conference pre-season roster. DeShaun Wade has been named to the second team.

Longwood opened the season on the road against #20 Alabama and lost 75-54.

Schedule: https://longwoodlancers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://longwoodlancers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Box Score vs Alabama: Was not available at the time of this post. I will update in the morning.

The reigning Big South champs return a roster that includes returning starters 6’4” Isaiah Wilkins (12.7 ppg & 6.2 reb last year). Wilkins earned Big South First Team and Tourney MVP honors. 6’2” DeShaun Wade (Big South Honorable Mention and All-Tournament team member) averaged 11.9 ppg on 44.9% shooting including 45.2% from 3. 6’7” Zac Watson averaged 7.7 ppg while 6’6” Jesper Granlund chipped in 4.1 ppg.

Along with those four the Lancers also return 6’7” Leslie Nkereuwem (8.8 ppg & 4.4 reb), 6’7” Nate Lliteras 6.1 ppg), and 6’1” DA Houston 5.7 ppg). They have also added a potentially impactful transfer from Southern Miss in 6’1” Wayln Napper (7.8 ppg & 4.1 assists). His weakness is free throw shooting hitting just 50.2% of his shots.

During the 2021-2022 season Longwood averaged 75.7 ppg while giving up 65.8 ppg. As a team they shot 45.0% from the field and 37.7% from 3. They held opponents to 43.3% shooting and 31.9% from 3. They averaged 14.5 assists per game during the 19-20 season while turning it over 12.3 times per game. They shot 72.7 from the charity stripe.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: Longwood is good, despite what the box score against Alabama says. Don’t let the name or league fool you. GMU wins a close one 74-69.

Discuss.

Attachments

• gmu-longwood-pre.jpg
    gmu-longwood-pre.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 5,911
Last edited by a moderator:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason doesn’t play like pussies and remembers they are the bully

mason 86 short Wood 77

I will be there and make sure to tell me I suck in person. Lol

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Isiah Wilkins is still playing college Bball!? LOL..Ok.... Longwood is his 3rd school I see. Not sure why he left VA Tech as we thought he was decent and helped our team in crucial areas and games his first 2 seasons there. Got buried a bit on the depth chart so that may of made him see the writing on the wall but always thought he could play in the ACC.

Wilkins can shoot.... need to guard him on the perimeter.

Seems they play a solid 9-10 guys so looks like they are figuring out where all these new guys fit in with the returning guys. Hmmm.... seen this movie before. ;)

Should be an interesting game. But we need to show we can run this team out the gym with our so called veteran talent. Oduro puts up 25 and we go 1-1.

Goodguys 71
Bongwood 62

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Longwood one of the better bleh teams on our remaining schedule. I don’t like this game for us unless our seniors step up in a big way on both sides of the ball

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Longwood one of the better bleh teams on our remaining schedule. I don’t like this game for us unless our seniors step up in a big way on both sides of the ball

I'm honestly confused by what your expectations are for scheduling out of conference home games that it triggers you to the extremes that it does.

If someone like Longwood, a tourney team last year and projected to be next year isn't good enough, who do you think we should be scheduling? (that would agree to show up)

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
With all due respect to Longwood, if we can’t find some way to win this game — particularly at home — then this season may already be a wash.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm honestly confused by what your expectations are for scheduling out of conference home games that it triggers you to the extremes that it does.

If someone like Longwood, a tourney team last year and projected to be next year isn't good enough, who do you think we should be scheduling? (that would agree to show up)
they are our second or third best home game OOC, we should be able to do better than that... 10 other A10 teams have

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I pulled up Davidson, GW, Fordham, and Dayton and glanced quickly.

Other than GW getting a home game against South Carolina, nothing jumped out at me as especially better. What am I missing?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Other than GW getting a home game against South Carolina, nothing jumped out at me as especially better. What am I missing?
I’ve laid it out twice already in this group. I know tennessee got molly whopped but you sure have been grouchy lately? Something in your dipends?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

It’s right here in this thread. All the A10 schedules and home games are laid out. Outside of Toledo our home schedule is absolutely Tennessee vs Georgia a** whipping bad. You can do more research to prove your bad point

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Two responses and no answer? You're a sensitive little gal aren't you?
Sitting in first class to Nola I meant to delete the first one since two people are suspended already and I don’t want to be the third. Multiple P5 home games for A10 teams this year. We are not one of them