Game 10: University of Northern Iowa, Tuesday, Dec 8th, 7 PM, American Sports Network

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Two of his five FG attempts against UNI (40 percent) -- including the heinous airball -- came on possessions where only one pass was made and there was still plenty of time left on the shot clock.

Make or miss, those are terrible, low-percentage shots...

You lost me here. An open shot is a high-percentage shot regardless of how many passes it took to get that open look. It's not like he was reverting to his old habit of forcing 30-foot shots while double teamed. Like all of our guards, just needs to do a better job of hitting those open opportunities.

Anyway, I think we've beaten that dead horse. How are we going to replace Marko? He could be our most important player in terms of being able to provide scoring, rebounding and leadership. Big loss.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
You lost me here. An open shot is a high-percentage shot regardless of how many passes it took to get that open look. It's not like he was reverting to his old habit of forcing 30-foot shots while double teamed. Like all of our guards, just needs to do a better job of hitting those open opportunities.

Anyway, I think we've beaten that dead horse. How are we going to replace Marko? He could be our most important player in terms of being able to provide scoring, rebounding and leadership. Big loss.

Final note on Holloway: Not all open shots are good shots. Trust me, I heard that all the time from my HS coach -- I never met a shot I didn't like. But I wasn't a Division I athlete receiving a free education.

As for Marko, biggest impact IMHO is that it makes roster that much more shallow.

Either Jenkins or Abram moves into starting 5 and that shortens the bench, at least until Royal comes back.