Game 1: GMU (0-0) at #15 Auburn (0-0) on Monday, November 7, at 8:00 PM.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Auburn gets away w/a lot of tugging while going for rebounds. I think they put the refs. into the same situation as vcu does where everything is a borderline foul. So you have to either let a lot, lotta, lot go, or you have to takeover the game by calling fouls non-stop.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Cooper late to the game. Typical trash buckets making his numbers look better than they really are.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well this sucked. I’m not going to overreact to probably the toughest game of the year on opening night.

Not impressed to say the least, I expected more.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Fernandez should of played more. Polite got blocked 100 times but seems to know the plays??? Cool.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Fernandez should of played more. Polite got blocked 100 times but seems to know the plays??? Cool.
Good game for Polite. He needs to recognize when to kick it back out a little better.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I would have been ecstatic losing by single digits but this was expected. Won’t have too many games of Bailey cooper and ticket shooting 6-75 again hopefully. Liked spells of Ojiako and Henry and thought singleton wasn’t horrible (not a pg). Polite was feast or famine every possession which doesn’t really work but some love it obviously. Throw the entire defensive rebounding plan away. I’m not sure if that was Australian or what but whoever designed that needs to be fired and replaced with Jolly’s Congolese love child as coach. Luckily for us we have a mostly shit remaining schedule so the wins should pile on. Hope we bounce back strong but I didn’t watch a tourney or top 5 A10 team tonight and that’s what we should be with our elderly a** roster

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Stats that worry me: Auburn with 22 offensive rebounds (holy getting out worked Batman!), only player in double figures Polite with 10, Bailey took 17 shots and had 9 points, 19 turnovers with 15 coming from the starting 5, 8 FTs attempted the entire game. 7-20 from 3.

Auburn beat us by 18 shooting 34% from the floor and 16% from 3…you just can’t be that loose with the ball and that undisciplined on the defense glass and expect to even stay in a game against a more athletic team. Lots of work to do. Lots of work.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I won’t panic unless we get bodied the next few games too, but it’s fair to be concerned about the below based on tonight’s performance.

- Singleton isn’t a PG
- Guard play overall was wildly sporadic and lacked cohesion (prob a product of new guys in the mix)
- No clear plan of attack on offense, see points above
- Fernandez isn’t ready to see minutes?
- Need to change the approach to crashing the boards/boxing out

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
We were sagging off, so the shitty rebounding is "heart" related.

FlPatriot

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Top 15 program playing at home. It is what it is.

If we get hammered by Longwood and American, then it's time to worry.
Start worrying…
Top 15 program playing at home. It is what it is.

If we get hammered by Longwood and American, then it's time to worry.
I won’t panic unless we get bodied the next few games too, but it’s fair to be concerned about the below based on tonight’s performance.

- Singleton isn’t a PG
- Guard play overall was wildly sporadic and lacked cohesion (prob a product of new guys in the mix)
- No clear plan of attack on offense, see points above
- Fernandez isn’t ready to see minutes?
- Need to change the approach to crashing the boards/boxing out
How is this different from the last five or seasons…

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We have plays? Idk about you I love the pass around the 3 point line, chuck 3 play.

I kid.
We had 1 double digit scorer tonight...ONE! Can't remember the last time this happened. Was also surprised that Fernandez didn't play more.

Oh well. Hope the guys treat this as the wake-up call and bounce back. Also curious how KE responds re: the rotation the next two games.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We had 1 double digit scorer tonight...ONE! Can't remember the last time this happened. Was also surprised that Fernandez didn't play more.

Oh well. Hope the guys treat this as the wake-up call and bounce back. Also curious how KE responds re: the rotation the next two games.
Well nobody really could score for the most part so that was definitely frustrating.

It’s also obvious by his minutes that Fernandez isn’t ready.