Game 1 - American University, Nov 8th, 7 PM, No TV

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
too bad they couldn't remove the practice baskets in the background of that picture

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Funny you say that, JBiggs, because JW, Marko, Copes, and Royal are all listed at 6'8 and none of them are the same height (although it looks like Marko and Copes are pretty close).

It's too bad Jenkins is on the back row instead of Okoloji (he's listed at 6'8 too).

JBiggs

Starter
Check out this tweet from our boy gobo:

@BillRohland: Just finished up watch @MasonMBB practice. Mark it down...Vaughn Gray is a difference maker. This team is going to RUN a ton.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

MasonCrew

Starter
Check out this tweet from our boy gobo:

@BillRohland: Just finished up watch @MasonMBB practice. Mark it down...Vaughn Gray is a difference maker. This team is going to RUN a ton.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I've said many a times that VG was my favorite player. He has the ability to make other players look stupid. I'm hoping last year was a fluke and he steps up big time. I'm so excited for Friday.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
Making the trek up from VB for the home opener and really looking forward to seeing what these guys can do. I just don't see us winning this game by any less than 20.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Can't believe no TV games til game 7. And that's Copes' return. Hmmmmm.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
Has anyone been on campus or heard any buzz from the students? Wondering what kind of crowd to expect on Friday evening -

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I already predicted the score (we win by 20+) so I predict the attendance is 6,200

6,200 is an ambitious prediction for a game against American. I'm going for a more modest 4,800-5,100. If we break 5,500 I'll be impressed.

gmu05

Starter
jon rothstein says there is always palpable buzz around Fairfax when he visits campus so I'm expecting a near sell-out

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
We should easily take care-of American. If we don't, then it'll already be time to break out the bottle of bourbon.

GMU: 75
AU: 56

My guess on attendance is around 5,500 just because it's the home opener. I expect at least another 1,000 to 2,000 on top of that for next Saturday's game against Northern Iowa.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
http://patriotlife.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/mason-nation-an-a10-beginning/

At George Mason University, every Mason journey can have a different beginning, but for a basketball fanatic like myself, none is better than the 2006 Final Four run. That was 2006, though; it is a great part of this young University’s history and should never be forgotten. It is now 2013, and the inaugural season of the Atlantic 10 for George Mason University is finally here!! Excitement around campus has hit a fever pitch, and an expected sell-out for the men’s opener against American University starts at 7:00pm.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Sell out? That would impress me. I am hoping that we see a big boost in attendance this year. I tire of the 4,500 crowds with no energy. I hope the students step up this year. The Patriot Platoon hasn't been much of late.

JBiggs

Starter
I think the A10 is going to give us that spark. I could see overall attendance going up by 1,000-2,000 per game.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
During my four years (graduated this past May) the Platoon, in my opinion, was pretty decent my freshman year, and then was excellent my sophomore year. Junior year it was spotty, but okay. Last season it was an absolute joke. Better support from the students is a must. Overall, attendance has been poor recently, so a spike this season would be awesome.