Poll Final 4 Basketball with Autographs

How much would you pay for an autographed basketball with all five Final 4 starters signatures?

• $100

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • $250

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • $500

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • $1000

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am surprised the starters haven't tried to monetize the Final 4.
Edit: Should have been "starters' signatures", but can't change it.

FreeGunston12

All-American
More context is needed. If mass produced, the price should be less than if you're asking how much someone would pay for one that is out there and maybe one of a couple in existence.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I bought one from eBay too about a week after the Florida game. Can’t remember what I paid. Def didn’t pay over $200 for it though.

70A370EB-EDBA-43EA-A495-4CF2FF761685.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
Walter

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
More context is needed. If mass produced, the price should be less than if you're asking how much someone would pay for one that is out there and maybe one of a couple in existence.
My cost comment was only related to how much of a cut Lamar, Jai, Wil, Tony and Follarian would net after adding their names to the ball. The price is whatever the fans are willing to pay, and that is what I was trying to figure out. If I were those guys, I would try to get paid.

I would love to have a signed ball in my office as conversation starter. But it would probably go something like this, "George Mason? How many years was that?" Me, "Sixteen years." Office visitor, "Have they been back since?" Me: "A few times, but not since Larranaga left." Office visitor, "You will always have that one shinning moment. So who did they hire after Larranaga left? Did they hewitt with the hire." Me: "Ef you, Ef you to hell, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Now what do you want?"

FreeGunston12

All-American
My cost comment was only related to how much of a cut Lamar, Jai, Wil, Tony and Follarian would net after adding their names to the ball. The price is whatever the fans are willing to pay, and that is what I was trying to figure out. If I were those guys, I would try to get paid.

I would love to have a signed ball in my office as conversation starter. But it would probably go something like this, "George Mason? How many years was that?" Me, "Sixteen years." Office visitor, "Have they been back since?" Me: "A few times, but not since Larranaga left." Office visitor, "You will always have that one shinning moment. So who did they hire after Larranaga left? Did they hewitt with the hire." Me: "Ef you, Ef you to hell, I don't want to talk about it anymore. Now what do you want?"
Well that's what I figured you meant. But if they sat down and signed basketballs all day for all the fans that were willing to pay, well that would fetch less per ball. It's all related.

One of my biggest purchase regrets was a Cooperstown ball signing by Willie Mays. Sat In a line with a hundred other people to overpay for a signature on a basic ball that had no significance and about 5 seconds with Willie Mays. The signature all but faded completly off the ball despite being in a case after just a couple years.

He raked in some dough that day for sure. I would guess the final four starters could do an event like that sometime when it makes sense and net about $10 each per ball. Could you get a hundred people lined up to pay $100 each is the better question.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Well that's what I figured you meant. But if they sat down and signed basketballs all day for all the fans that were willing to pay, well that would fetch less per ball. It's all related.

One of my biggest purchase regrets was a Cooperstown ball signing by Willie Mays. Sat In a line with a hundred other people to overpay for a signature on a basic ball that had no significance and about 5 seconds with Willie Mays. The signature all but faded completly off the ball despite being in a case after just a couple years.

He raked in some dough that day for sure. I would guess the final four starters could do an event like that sometime when it makes sense and net about $10 each per ball. Could you get a hundred people lined up to pay $100 each is the better question.
Same thing happened to me with a Gaylord Perry ball. Autograph faded into oblivion. But the ball was not a "real" baseball, just a cheap soft cover knock off.