Derrick Gordon of UMass comes out as gay

I used to be someone that would disparage anyone that was not white, at least 6'4" straight and protestant, but it was the diverse opinions of others on this forum that helped me see the light with my hurtful comments.

You will not find me calling someone an r-tard, or a kocklover, or a Kaepernick on this forum any longer. It's team humanity I'm on now.

KAOriginal

All-American
Hewiits "Hail Mary"....getting the first D1 transexual player.

University of Diversity..I mean Mason will roll out the lifetime contract....

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I caught a local morning TV show where some gay dude kept saying "LGBTQ". Turns out the Q stands for queer. So is queer ok to use again?

The only thing I remember about the "Q" was playing "Smear the Q" in the back yard with friends. NONE of us had any idea what a Q was...except it was the guy with the football. And I guess it rhymed.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The only thing I remember about the "Q" was playing "Smear the Q" in the back yard with friends. NONE of us had any idea what a Q was...except it was the guy with the football. And I guess it rhymed.

Haha, I loved playing that game. Who knew we were all committing a hate crime every time we made a tackle?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My this story is queer (trying to remind everyone of the correct use of this term before the public education system destroyed literacy) - anywhooo can we all just hold hands - say "Fabulous" and get back to Mason Hoops.

On a side note, I want to let my long time board friends know that I like/love women especially when they dress up like Princess Leia with the chain around her neck, holding a tray of sweet rolls and a cup of coffee while talking dirty....oh never mind.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My this story is queer (trying to remind everyone of the correct use of this term before the public education system destroyed literacy) - anywhooo can we all just hold hands - say "Fabulous" and get back to Mason Hoops.

On a side note, I want to let my long time board friends know that I like/love women especially when they dress up like Princess Leia with the chain around her neck, holding a tray of sweet rolls and a cup of coffee while talking dirty....oh never mind.
So is it okay for me to admit that I like fat chicks in bondage? ;)

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Just to annoy you: What's with the cynicism? Words change. They always have and always will. And thank god they do. Our language would be so drab and boring if it remained static. Even the term "literacy" has changed (and the word literacy is only about 130 years old by the way). Many grammarians would have decried the change from adjective to noun from the root word literate -- a lot of the people who compiled and wrote our first dictionaries HATED tacking prefixes and suffixes on to words to change their function, especially if they were Latin based roots. I can only imagine what they would think of what we have down with the F-word.

Hell, to be called literate in the classical sense of the word to to be able to read and write in Greek and Latin. I'm pretty sure 100 percent of us on this board are illiterate under the original definition of the term. Can we blame public education for the de-emphasis of Greek and Latin in modern education? We might be able to.

The term literacy now has expanded into uses extend beyond just "reading and writing" and into any acquired skill, including navigating one's own culture, or the cultures of other people. For instance, being able to navigate the conventions set forth and enforced by this community is a form of literacy.

Anyway, I hope I've distracted everyone long enough. Carry on.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Just to annoy you: What's with the cynicism? Words change. They always have and always will. And thank god they do. Our language would be so drab and boring if it remained static. Even the term "literacy" has changed (and the word literacy is only about 130 years old by the way). Many grammarians would have decried the change from adjective to noun from the root word literate -- a lot of the people who compiled and wrote our first dictionaries HATED tacking prefixes and suffixes on to words to change their function, especially if they were Latin based roots. I can only imagine what they would think of what we have down with the F-word.

Hell, to be called literate in the classical sense of the word to to be able to read and write in Greek and Latin. I'm pretty sure 100 percent of us on this board are illiterate under the original definition of the term. Can we blame public education for the de-emphasis of Greek and Latin in modern education? We might be able to.

The term literacy now has expanded into uses extend beyond just "reading and writing" and into any acquired skill, including navigating one's own culture, or the cultures of other people. For instance, being able to navigate the conventions set forth and enforced by this community is a form of literacy.

Anyway, I hope I've distracted everyone long enough. Carry on.

Lighten up Francis.....I was just being pithy.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I like chicks. Sometimes the ones I prefer are a little bit white trashy, but I'm not apologizing.
I dont' mind a multiracial pillow fight - white trash, feisty latina, and some asian flavor - I mean let's be honest - the more the merrier - messier - but merrier. I am an ecumenical letch.

Last edited: