Darrell Green

MasonFan1

Recruit
So whatever happened to Darrell Green? He was hired as Associate Athletic Director in Aug 2016 and then I haven't heard anything about him since that time. I never see him at the Mason basketball games. Any ideas as to what role he will play in Mason athletics?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
So whatever happened to Darrell Green? He was hired as Associate Athletic Director in Aug 2016 and then I haven't heard anything about him since that time. I never see him at the Mason basketball games. Any ideas as to what role he will play in Mason athletics?

Shmoozing local business leaders is my understanding.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I've seen him twice during the holiday break in the Green room before basketball games. Schmoozing as gemini indicates, would be in the job description. Not a "high roller" myself, but presumably some of the people in the room were.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...tory.html?tid=sm_tw_ps&utm_term=.bfae84afaf94:

"Redskins Hall of Famer Darrell Green is ‘everywhere’ at George Mason, even if football isn’t"

"Their football careers long over, they are teammates again at a university that, ironically, doesn’t have a football program. Edwards, 50, is in his third year as George Mason’s athletic director. Since August, Green, 56, has been his special assistant, applying fame, community ties and engaging personality to raise funds for the department.

'We want to do something great here. We don’t want to tell our old stories about how we used to train over there,' Green said, nodding toward the hill. 'Naw. There’s work to do.'"

OP
M

MasonFan1

Recruit
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep my eye out for him at the next game. Do any of you think football is coming to Mason in the next decade (even if Edwards has indicated that the focus is basketball). Not sure if there is space for a stadium in Fairfax, but maybe in Loudoun or Prince William Co. Would love to see it happen!