Coaching Carousel 2023

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Just gonna hop in here and say Willard (and Maryland) are serious about keeping Tony. Also, you have to consider it from Tony's (or any other high paid assistant), stay at the school making a comparable BASE pay and maybe hold out for better jobs. Maryland can sweeten the pot with all sorts of other benefits Mason just can't that would make it even, easily.
Why would our Final Four team be screaming for Tony if they didn't think he would take or could handle the job? The only 3 persons that can prevent Tony from becoming HC at Mason imo are, his wife, Coach L, and Tony himself.

Wife I don't know.
Listening to Coach L reference Mason all this week and specifically about how he told Jordan Miller to ask people at Mason if he could fit into his program at Miami, I would say he still likes us enough to endorse Tony coming here.

Tony's comments are well documented about Mason.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
maxresdefault.jpg

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
h
Welcome back! I was afraid you would be banned until a new coach was hired. Must mean an announcement is imminent.

Nope not tied to announcement of new coach.

However, in negotiations it was determined I held copyright and legal title to some serious solid gold content along with some new content. It was determined the best value and ROI was to merge content back into the one and only Pikapp brand.

There may or may not have been the exchange and release of certain photos - but all parties have agreed to a new approach going forward.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
A few days ago we were being assured by our insiders that things were moving rapidly. Since then, Crickets. I'm getting nervous.
Nobody ever said things were moving rapidly, just that negotiations with Tony are ongoing. That remains the case.

If word leaks that he has turned down the job, then it’s time for a justifiable full freak-out. Until then, they’re still hammering out a contract and all we can do is wait.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nobody ever said things were moving rapidly, just that negotiations with Tony are ongoing. That remains the case.

If word leaks that he has turned down the job, then it’s time for a justifiable full freak-out. Until then, they’re still hammering out a contract and all we can do is wait.
That may not have been the word that was used, but based on the likes, I'm not the only one who got that impression from the posts.

apparently Tony Stubblefield, Head Coach of DePaul just turned down GMU too.

that's three unconfirmed declinations joining Williford, and Odom....