Brad needs to hurry and pull the trigger

wijg

Starter
That would make sense, since he's the one I spoke with today. Who needs sources when you can speak to the actual person.

P8 you can just say it's Kevin Bagett as there's no need to be so coy. He was one of the folks Mason contacted/looked at. Moton currently has the offer. He has until Monday morning to notify the school, who ideally wants to know sooner rather than later, but they made him wait, so they wanted to give him time to think it over too.

He's a very religious/family man and will not make the move unless all parties agree to it. This is not a simple, "step up in conference" decision.

So..... What happened with this?

MasonHoopsEst2000

Four-star Recruit
It's just mind boggling how much Hewitt and TOC destroyed this program. It's going to possibly be a decade long process to get us to where we were in 2011. We have coaches turning down a gig in the A10 to stay at lower conferences. Let that soak in.

Dawgs99

Starter
It's just mind boggling how much Hewitt and TOC destroyed this program. It's going to possibly be a decade long process to get us to where we were in 2011. We have coaches turning down a gig in the A10 to stay at lower conferences. Let that soak in.

The hyperbole on these boards today is hilarious. 10 years to get back to a winning program? With the right coach it could be much much sooner. Also RT turned down this job in large part to his wifes career at UCLA hospital.....not because he was dying to stay in the big west or that our program was going to be to much a a turn around job. I know the die hards are usually a little irrational but some on here need to get their shit together and move on.

MasonHoopsEst2000

Four-star Recruit
The hyperbole on these boards today is hilarious. 10 years to get back to a winning program? With the right coach it could be much much sooner. Also RT turned down this job in large part to his wifes career at UCLA hospital.....not because he was dying to stay in the big west or that our program was going to be to much a a turn around job. I know the die hards are usually a little irrational but some on here need to get their shit together and move on.

It's not hyperbole at all. We are currently at year four. Next year is a wash which puts us at year 5. Can we win 25+ games, be ranked in the top 25, have USA Today headlines, and win a NCAAT game in the five years after that, sure, but I don't see that happening for another 2 years at the earliest. So my decade might be a bit much, so how's 7-10 years for you? Better?

Dawgs99

Starter
I assumed you meant 10 years starting from when the new guy gets hired. I agree with your sentiment...it feels like forever since mason bball was relevant. Lets hope we start moving up the ladder next winter.

MasonHoopsEst2000

Four-star Recruit
I should have been more clear, sorry about that. It should, logically, take a new coach two years to get us back to the top 6 of A10 play, three years to fight for a NCAAT birth and four years to be competing for a A10 title/winning tourney games.

Dawgs is right. People need to relax. There are dozens upon dozens of people that could do a good job here. Just because we've been turned down a couple times it means nothing, that happens with most coaching searches.

And it will not take years of rebuilding to get back, although if a 25-win benchmark is what you're looking for most years in the A-10, you're going to be disappointed.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
I really hope Moton is still an option...love his energy.
That's the problem with swinging and missing; its not that it happened -- its when everyone knows it has happened. Moton -- and others --might have re-evaluated after realizing he was a backup plan.

That's the problem with swinging and missing; its not that it happened -- its when everyone knows it has happened. Moton -- and others --might have re-evaluated after realizing he was a backup plan.

Exactly. Which is why some people (P8 and Block) need to stop posting on social media that things are confirmed or that they know this or that. Nothing is confirmed until announced by the school. Quit being in a rush to be first or win a prize and just let the process play out. There is no prize. Anyone using the phrase "according to my sources" should be flogged.

KAOriginal

All-American
Exactly. Which is why some people (P8 and Block) need to stop posting on social media that things are confirmed or that they know this or that. Nothing is confirmed until announced by the school. Quit being in a rush to be first or win a prize and just let the process play out. There is no prize. Anyone using the phrase "according to my sources" should be flogged.

According to my sources...that's a solid post.

Masonfan55

Recruit
Interesting to me that Will Brown and Andy Toole both turned down Fordham. Robert Morris put out a statement saying Toole is back. Albany has announced nothing. Since Brown was one of the 1st to be interviewed I have to believe he is still in play for us

OP
p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life

Starter
I don't have any sources. I don't even post this crap on Social Media. I don't tweet, nor have I over 100,000 tweets to my name. blame this all on Tom Block. He was the same person who tweeted that Moton was mulling an offer on Saturday, remember?

At least everything I posted was factual (even though I pulled it out of my a**), except the part where Turner turned us down late last night.