Baseball Advances to NCAA TOURNAMENT!

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Here are projected regional sites. My hope is they don't get placed in Charlottesville or Boston. Obviously, UVA is close to Northern Virginia, but they've played in that regional before. BC doesn't have the same "vibes" as a more traditional baseball school. They are probably going to be the 4 seed wherever they go and won't be the lowest auto bid; that takes Wake off the list. Matching up with 7 through 10 would be my guess.
  1. Winston-Salem Regional (Wake Forest)
  2. Gainesville Regional (Florida)
  3. Fayetteville Regional (Arkansas)
  4. Clemson Regional (Clemson)
  5. Baton Rouge Regional (LSU)
  6. Nashville Regional (Vanderbilt)
  7. Stanford Regional (Stanford)
  8. Charlottesville Regional (Virginia)
  9. Conway Regional (Coastal Carolina)
  10. Coral Gables Regional (Miami)
  11. Tuscaloosa Regional (Alabama)
  12. Auburn Regional (Auburn)
  13. Lexington Regional (Kentucky)
  14. Stillwater Regional (Oklahoma State)
  15. Boston Regional (Boston College)
  16. Terre Haute Regional (Texas)

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nice run my Patriots! Two double-headers in as many days and OUR boys go 3 – 1 to take the A10 crown. St. Louis committed FIVE errors today to Mason's ZERO.

Q: Who was the dialed-in team?
A: GMU!

NOTE: Hmmm... B^3 departs as AD and we start winning championships. Just sayin'.

JPgmuswim

Starter
Nena with her 3rd A-10 Championship as acting AD. Congrats Mason Baseball!!!

With 3 Spring A-10 Chanpionships, does anyone have any idea how many A-10 Championships Mason had total prior to this semester?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Are they gonna be watching the selection show anywhere local? Softball went to ornery which I thought was cool.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Nena with her 3rd A-10 Championship as acting AD. Congrats Mason Baseball!!!

With 3 Spring A-10 Chanpionships, does anyone have any idea how many A-10 Championships Mason had total prior to this semester?
If I had to guess, maybe somewhere between 3-5. Its pretty unprecedented to have 3 in a short span considering Mason and athletics.
Are they gonna be watching the selection show anywhere local? Softball went to ornery which I thought was cool.
There will be some sort of watch party for it I'm sure, but no idea on logistics.

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
13 A10 championships before this spring, but 10 of those are for running (XC, indoor and outdoor track).

We had 1 mens soccer Championship, 1 baseball (2014), and 1 swimming and diving.

There is a men’s volleyball championship in there (2016), but that’s not an A10 championship.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
13 A10 championships before this spring, but 10 of those are for running (XC, indoor and outdoor track).

We had 1 mens soccer Championship, 1 baseball (2014), and 1 swimming and diving.

There is a men’s volleyball championship in there (2016), but that’s not an A10 championship.
Not a bad record.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not a bad record.

Great record for track athletes, not so great for the other sports.

We do have some individual wrestling champions too, just no team championship.

Men’s volleyball came close this year, but as usual lost to Penn State in the finals.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Join your Atlantic 10 Champion George Mason Baseball Team at Dave & Busters (Fair Oaks Mall) for the NCAA Baseball Selection Show tomorrow (Monday), May 29 from 11 am-1 pm.

The Selection Show starts at noon - with live coverage on ESPN2.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
FWIW

Places us in the Charlottesville region with #8 UVA, Washington, and WV

Final projection keeps us in CHO region with #8 UVA, WV, but replaces Washington with Iowa

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Great record for track athletes, not so great for the other sports.

We do have some individual wrestling champions too, just no team championship.

Men’s volleyball came close this year, but as usual lost to Penn State in the finals.
I meant about having some A10 championships - agree on distribution - but its better than having none.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I meant about having some A10 championships - agree on distribution - but its better than having none.

Definitely. I saw a stat after UMD won the B1G baseball championship that had Rutgers with 3 championships across all sports since they joined the conference. And I was thinking “well, at least we aren’t Rutgers”