• THANK YOU DONORS!!
    I'd like to personally thank everyone that participated in our first donor drive in years! We raised over double the amount that we set as a goal. You guys are awesome! This money helps to fuel much needed upgrades around here - and also includes monthly server costs and software licenses. We are excited for the future and your donations ensure that there will be a place to talk about George Mason basketball (among other things) for seasons to come! - The Management

News Adidas New Outfitter of George Mason Athletics

dr. gunnie

Hall of Famer
Staff member
Yes! Where did you get that?
I had to order the blank version (retails for $60, but you can find it cheaper - I got it for $38 on amazon) and then I heat pressed the logo on myself. A couple years back I got a vinyl decal cutter and a heat press and now I just make my own stuff. Pretty easy to do as long as the logo isn't too small or has too many colors.

GMUMiked

Preferred Walk-On
I had to order the blank version (retails for $60, but you can find it cheaper - I got it for $38 on amazon) and then I heat pressed the logo on myself. A couple years back I got a vinyl decal cutter and a heat press and now I just make my own stuff. Pretty easy to do as long as the logo isn't too small or has too many colors.
It is incredibly lame that people have to do this to get decent Mason gear.

dr. gunnie

Hall of Famer
Staff member
I’ve had recent conversations with the athletic department about this specific issue. They want to offer more and are working on it, but the Adidas rep goes back to the numbers and says the demand isn’t there. It’s a chicken vs egg debate because he’s looking at old Adidas gear that was just stock designs and not basketball specific - offer on the court type items and sales will increase. My argument was that we want to wear what the players and staff wear, not just a generic Adidas design. If you offer those items, then sales will increase. Our athletic department does understand.

I know the rep is willing to do some custom orders if you have the interest (I think Kish did one for the sweatshirt Dinwiddie had on at our practice), but it’s much easier for me to make my own than to find 10 to 15 other people that want them and have to collect money and ship them out - not to mention I can do it for a third of the cost they charge.

Five Two

All-American
So you COULD HAVE used the full logo but chose to use only the star???!?!?!?!?!?

GMU79

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have a green Jansport 1/4 zip that I bought about 10 years ago. It says George Mason University across the front in gold. (And of course I have FF gear with the MasonStar on it.) But I'm going to hold off buying anything else in hopes that a new and cooler logo(s) will be forthcoming.

gmubrian

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have a green Jansport 1/4 zip that I bought about 10 years ago. It says George Mason University across the front in gold. (And of course I have FF gear with the MasonStar on it.) But I'm going to hold off buying anything else in hopes that a new and cooler logo(s) will be forthcoming.
No offense to you, and I know the AD has been on warp speed as of late compared to previous administrations, but, based on some of your hints at your age, I don't know if you have time wait for the new logo. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Longhorn

Recent Tweets