2022 Recruiting

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Why do they put on the school's uniform for a.photo op? I think it's corny. Choose Mason, Wear Mason.

He15man

Starter
Why do they put on the school's uniform for a.photo op? I think it's corny. Choose Mason, Wear Mason.
Literally every school and sport does this on recruiting visits. Power conference Football programs will have full on photo shoots with the kids dressed in their gear and with coaches, family, fellow recruits, etc. kids nowadays eat it up

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s just a thing kids do now. If the kid wants to wear a jersey on an official visit, slap that shit on there and take some pictures.
If a recruit wants to wear the uni, it should stand for something, ie him committing. Instead we see a pic of a recruit with schools' uni on and "#not committed" written in the tweet which would bother me.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Literally every school and sport does this on recruiting visits. Power conference Football programs will have full on photo shoots with the kids dressed in their gear and with coaches, family, fellow recruits, etc. kids nowadays eat it up
I guess it part of the changing landscape. Gimme gimme gimme.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I get both sides. My only issue is when you see a player wearing our jersey only to commit to Rhode Island or UMass and compete against us… a bit cringe worthy.

Then you add the fact that fans can’t even buy a jersey - which I’ve been told is more of an Adidas issue than a Mason issue. Maybe English can fix this too since he seems to be fixing everything else. ;)

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I get both sides. My only issue is when you see a player wearing our jersey only to commit to Rhode Island or UMass and compete against us… a bit cringe worthy.

Then you add the fact that fans can’t even buy a jersey - which I’ve been told is more of an Adidas issue than a Mason issue. Maybe English can fix this too since he seems to be fixing everything else. ;)

Why would Adidas prevent sales of their jerseys by the bookstore? I mean, isn't part of the whole point of becoming the uniform provider of a team to sell more jerseys?

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Why would Adidas prevent sales of their jerseys by the bookstore? I mean, isn't part of the whole point of becoming the uniform provider of a team to sell more jerseys?
I dug deep into this battle a few years ago - to the point where Mason contacted URI to see how they were able to do it and URI said that they were also being told by adidas that they would no longer be able to offer them. It had something to do with creating a replica jersey with the likeness of the authentic jersey for smaller programs was a losing proposition... the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I dug deep into this battle a few years ago - to the point where Mason contacted URI to see how they were able to do it and URI said that they were also being told by adidas that they would no longer be able to offer them. It had something to do with creating a replica jersey with the likeness of the authentic jersey for smaller programs was a losing proposition... the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
If creating a replica jersey is a losing proposition, what would the cost of an actual jersey be? They are already making a batch for the team, they could just do a little bigger batch and sell those. Or are the real jersey's so expensive that no one would ever buy one?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If creating a replica jersey is a losing proposition, what would the cost of an actual jersey be? They are already making a batch for the team, they could just do a little bigger batch and sell those. Or are the real jersey's so expensive that no one would ever buy one?

D.C. United's authentic Adidas jersey is $165.

ASU is also an Adidas school and it looks like they don't offer an authentic jersey at their store, just replicas. Replicas are around half the price ($89).

He15man

Starter
Has anyone orderedd a bootleg one from China via DHgate? A Dayton fan posted one from DHgate and it looked pretty good for less than $30.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/geor...7fnJgN&resource_id=#s1-0-1;searl|2091009524:1

I ordered a Chinese knock off Washington Capitals Stanley Cup hoodie once. Not only was the red more orange, but it came 2 sizes too small. Apparently when they mean XL, they mean XL by Chinese stature. Definitely not American.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on what the new uniforms look like, I might be able to do another fan order like I did with the Nike jerseys years ago. The biggest factor is what font they use on the jersey - since we used a Mason specific over the last few years, I’m not able to get them done with a custom font. If we go back to a standard block font, we should be able to get it done.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I ordered a Chinese knock off Washington Capitals Stanley Cup hoodie once. Not only was the red more orange, but it came 2 sizes too small. Apparently when they mean XL, they mean XL by Chinese stature. Definitely not American.
I have an authentic Ovechkin Jersey that cost me around $250 at the arena and a Wilson Jersey from DH Gate for around $20. As far as I can tell, they are identical, down two the authenticity seal at the bottom.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I have an authentic Ovechkin Jersey that cost me around $250 at the arena and a Wilson Jersey from DH Gate for around $20. As far as I can tell, they are identical, down two the authenticity seal at the bottom.
I only have one jersey. A Thurman Munson I bought at Yankee Stadium in '08. $150 13 years ago!!