2022 Recruiting

He15man

Starter
I have a question. What if a coach makes more offers than he has openings and they all accept?
Having followed Florida football recruiting for years, I have to believe it happens pretty much the same way here... but not every offer we hear about on Twitter is a "committable" offer. Most offers are made to indicate the school's interest in you, with them saying they want to see how your junior or senior year plays out... or they'd like to see you at at an upcoming camp... or whatever. Only the nationally rated, blue-chip 5-stars routinely get offers that the school would accept at any point in time - or, i suppose in our case, a really good mid-major prospect that we have labeled a "top priority" - ala, Josh Oduro. But to the original point, just because you got an offer doesn't mean the school will accept your verbal commitment right then and there. It's mainly just the start of the relationship building process and the school's recruitment of you as a prospect. And as psyclone said above... once a position's recruiting priorities have been addressed, offers get pulled. But recruits aren't ignorant of the situation. They pretty much know Mason, for example, is only going to take 1 power forward this cycle, so whoever pulls the trigger first wins...

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Having followed Florida football recruiting for years, I have to believe it happens pretty much the same way here... but not every offer we hear about on Twitter is a "committable" offer. Most offers are made to indicate the school's interest in you, with them saying they want to see how your junior or senior year plays out... or they'd like to see you at at an upcoming camp... or whatever. Only the nationally rated, blue-chip 5-stars routinely get offers that the school would accept at any point in time - or, i suppose in our case, a really good mid-major prospect that we have labeled a "top priority" - ala, Josh Oduro. But to the original point, just because you got an offer doesn't mean the school will accept your verbal commitment right then and there. It's mainly just the start of the relationship building process and the school's recruitment of you as a prospect. And as psyclone said above... once a position's recruiting priorities have been addressed, offers get pulled. But recruits aren't ignorant of the situation. They pretty much know Mason, for example, is only going to take 1 power forward this cycle, so whoever pulls the trigger first wins...
Great in depth explanation, but not over my head!! Thanks.