2022-23 Scholarship Chart

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So based on the chart above and assuming we have no more players transfer out, does this mean we still have three open scholarships?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So based on the chart above and assuming we have no more players transfer out, does this mean we still have three open scholarships?
That is correct. Probably a vet PG, a backup big, and a best available.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Ticket can fill in and play some 4, but he just doesn't have the bulk to play it consistently over a season. My hot take is his fade over the season last year was because playing 4 against bigger, stronger players took its toll. We definitely need someone that can play the 4 and allow Ticket more time at the 3.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Ticket can fill in and play some 4, but he just doesn't have the bulk to play it consistently over a season. My hot take is his fade over the season last year was because playing 4 against bigger, stronger players took its toll. We definitely need someone that can play the 4 and allow Ticket more time at the 3.
Plug Antwan Walker in at the 4 along with a veteran PG and I think that’s a team capable of winning the A-10.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Plug Antwan Walker in at the 4 along with a veteran PG and I think that’s a team capable of winning the A-10.
Yeah actually it shouldn't be best available, it needs to be a physical/bruising 4 like a Walker.

I totally brain farted on that last post I made. Vet PG, backup big, physical/bruising 4 and LFG.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Honestly at this point I'll take anyone who is, as they say, a "dog." I don't care if you're 4'9" if you play like you grew up in a junkyard. Need more of that kind of attitude and swagger.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Honestly at this point I'll take anyone who is, as they say, a "dog." I don't care if you're 4'9" if you play like you grew up in a junkyard. Need more of that kind of attitude and swagger.
As I told some friends of mine, we need some guys who play like assholes on the court on our team.
Look like a choir boy, play like an assassin. I heard KE say, on multiple occasions, that he wanted guys with innate toughness. Hopefully we are getting that in the freshmen and portal guys. I'm tired of getting sand kicked in our faces.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
According to the coach's show, the staff is targeting aggressively both a PG and a PF. The remaining scholarship could go to a high school wing to develop or another physical "5".

I liked the development talk for Oduro and Cooper, too, especially getting Cooper leaner and thus more capable of driving (he was close so often, just didn't have that quickness to get separation from his defender).

GMU1983

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So is Peter Oduro on scholarship or not? KE said he had 3 schollys open last night...