2021 Recruiting

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

It is, transferred for football but will play hoops for Centreville as well.

Going over to Episcopal tonight to shoot some video for my website novahoops.com. Will be interesting to see if Simpkins, Paulsen, and what college coaches are there for Darius Johnson. Some other prospects there as well including Garrett Johnson, a 6'5" kid who can shoot.

Herndon

All-Conference
It is, transferred for football but will play hoops for Centreville as well.

Going over to Episcopal tonight to shoot some video for my website novahoops.com. Will be interesting to see if Simpkins, Paulsen, and what college coaches are there for Darius Johnson. Some other prospects there as well including Garrett Johnson, a 6'5" kid who can shoot.
Is he a big time football prospect? I ask because if he was getting offers from schools like Mason in hoops as a sophomore, it seems like an odd decision to transfer away from a place like Pvi that will prepare you

Is he a big time football prospect? I ask because if he was getting offers from schools like Mason in hoops as a sophomore, it seems like an odd decision to transfer away from a place like Pvi that will prepare you

Big time might be pushing it but he's a pretty good WR/TE prospect that caught a decent amount of TDs this year. Depends what he wants to do but last time I asked I got the impression it was football...

But that was months ago so who knows...

Scouts watching Darius Johnson last night. Simpkins was there but I didn't have a chance to talk with him, only yell 8-1 at him. Think we were the only big school watching, others for other kids. Maybe Wofford there though if I saw correctly.

Darius didn't have a great game...didn't score in first half. Have highlights of him burying a three and a Hayfield kid rejecting him at the rim.
http://novahoops.com/video-highlights-episcopal-boys-stop-hayfield/

Love Darius though. hope we land him.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
would he sit one semester or the whole year?

I probably should have put this in the 2020 recruiting thread, because he's a senior in high school. I don't think he'd have to sit at all given the circumstances of his de-commitment, but I still don't see us having a chance in hell of landing him whether we have an open scholarship or not. Given that Michigan originally recruited him, I'm sure Juwan Howard was in touch with him about five minutes after he announced his decision.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Episcopal lost to Middleburg, but Darius Johnson had a monster game with 46 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists.

And he is still just a junior. Can’t imagine what his offer sheet will look like after the 2020 summer circuit.