2021 Coaching Carousel

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I figured it was gonna get a lot better, but even I am surprised with how quick this all happened. I figured we’d get an impact transfer and start to get offers out to higher talent for future recruiting classes. This has obviously been a bit more than that haha.

ditto. I thought maybe thered be some connections to good transfers but I didn’t expect them to come so quick. And this is just the start too which is wild.

still have one spot to fill, and it’s relatively early in the off-season, so there’s a chance of another domino falling too.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I hope this means we can hold onto Simpkins for at least a year. But if we do well this year, I also expect him to get a head coaching offer somewhere else.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if Paulsen tries to get an assistant coach position at UMBC.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if Paulsen tries to get an assistant coach position at UMBC.
if Kolek signs with BC - he gets a job there
otherwise UMBC seems like a good fit as he has "experience" with recruiting this area

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Earl Grant already hired his assistant coaches so there are no more spots.

"There is still one more coaching spot left on the roster, with Goins and Markwood taking two of the spots. At this point, it appears one candidate could be Dave Paulsen, the former George Mason head coach, but at this point that is still unconfirmed."

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

"There is still one more coaching spot left on the roster, with Goins and Markwood taking two of the spots. At this point, it appears one candidate could be Dave Paulsen, the former George Mason head coach, but at this point that is still unconfirmed."
I wasn't an English major, but I am now.... (see what I did there?), but two "at this point" phrases in one sentence??????

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

I thought he got all 3 but I guess not. I’d be surprised if Dave took the last spot since most teams go with the two experienced one less experienced approach, and they have two experienced coaches (or so I think).

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Pablo

Hall of Famer

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Will Jay Larranaga get canned by the Celtics now that Brad Stevens is no longer the coach?