2015 Coaching Changes Tracker

ephoops

Starter
From the Bucknell Board earlier today.
The natives on their board were getting quite restless given the lack of any tangible news re the search to replace Paulsen.

DrBison said:
Updated information I heard this morning. It appears the process is moving forward rapidly now.

I was told 5 candidates plus Dane [Fischer] have emerged: Carl Danzig, Jamion Christian, Engles from NJIT, assistants from Notre Dame [Inglesby] and Michigan State [Fife]

They are bringing 2 or 3 to town today or tomorrow for interviews and hope to have a decision by Wednesday or Thursday.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
What a bunch of psychos:

"Good call Mr. Tillman - take your son away from a bunch of guys he loves and wants to play with and make him sit out until November of 2016."

"It's a damn shame that family members get involved and ruin $hit for kids. Justin seemed like a nice kid, I hate that this is happening to him."

DP can use this in his recruiting pitch: "Come to GMU and play in the A-10 for a brand new coach.......or you can go to vcu and play in the A-10 for a brand new coach AND as an ADDED BONUS, your family will gain a couple of purple-haired, goth-kid stalkers who will splash your family car with black ram dung (and gold urine) if your kid has an off night."

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
It's all good. As soon as The Upgrade gets his guys in, all those 4 star guys vcu lost will soon be forgotten. ;)

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Last edited:

Dawgs99

Starter
You would think so...the guys on the Bucknell boards rave about his recruiting ability. Obviously it should be much easier to recruit to Mason without the academic restrictions and our membership in the A10. I'd welcome the addition.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I remember Springmann was a popular name when we hired Hewitt. His name was mentioned by a lot of teams looking. Guy just could never get a HC job.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Holy crap is that a drop - going from lead assistant in Texas and a regular target for open head coaching jobs to an assistant for the Toreros in the West Coast Conference.

Maybe it says something that he didn't wind up at Knoxville.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Holy crap is that a drop - going from lead assistant in Texas and a regular target for open head coaching jobs to an assistant for the Toreros in the West Coast Conference.

Maybe it says something that he didn't wind up at Knoxville.

Don't know the inside scoop as to why, but the luster definitely has come off Springmann's star over the past few years.

He was mentioned as one of the "hot young assistants" as recently as 2009. Some thought he was going to get the vcu job but they hired Shaka instead.