15 Minutes Thread

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What is the defense that Mason used towards the middle to the end of the first half, is that a box and 1 defense? Also Uconn goes on that big run at the end of half 1, but then Folarin takes the ball, doesnt give a f, and lays it up with a foul.

Last edited:

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Raftery mentioned they were in a 1-2-2 but they way Tony played the top, it looked more like a 3-2

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
One other thing, there was a hot mic during a few of the timeouts in the 2nd half and OT. You can hear Raftery saying how amazing it is that our guys are in it and what a great story we are/were

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
The uconn game....that's how you run a 3 out 2 in offense. We switched to that mid year I think LDP said. Never looked like that though.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The uconn game....that's how you run a 3 out 2 in offense. We switched to that mid year I think LDP said. Never looked like that though.

The 06 team ran that play over and over again too, but when you have the other team collapse on your bigs who are awesome passers, you can swing the ball nicely. Also didn’t hurt that they couldn’t miss from deep.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/
Nice pic right on the front of ESPN's CBB home page

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...-saw-notre-dame-meltdown-george-mason-shocker
Heather Dinich: It was 2006 when No. 11 seed George Mason shocked No. 1 Connecticut 86-84 in overtime to earn a trip to the Final Four. The regional at the Verizon Center in D.C. was like a home game for me because I live in Maryland, but it was even more of a home-court advantage for Mason, which is located about 20 miles from the arena.

In the press room before the game, former Washington Post reporter Eric Prisbell asked who I thought would win. I said Mason. He was dubious. As a reporter for the Baltimore Sun, though, I had been following the Patriots' magical ride under Jim Larranaga closely, and knew one of their assistants, James Johnson, because I had covered Penn State when he was there, too. There was just something special about that team, the intangibles that make Cinderella stories possible in hoops. It was every ingredient that defines an upset, as Connecticut was the more talented, more athletic, taller team without a doubt. But the scrappy Patriots reversed a 12-point first-half deficit for a truly improbable comeback.