Hall of Famer
Mason to Face Fordham in Second Round of A-10 Championships Thursday - George Mason University Athletics
WILMINGTON, Del. – The George Mason women's basketball team will face sixth-seeded Fordham on Thursday night in the second round of the Atlantic 10 Women's Basketball
"* The Patriots earned their first Atlantic 10 Championship win since 2018, and the first of the Blair-Lewis era. Mason is the first No. 14 seed to upset its opponent in the A-10 Championships, dating back to the league expansion in 2015.
* Mason reached double-figure wins for the first time since the 2018-19 season. The Patriots have more than tripled their win total from a season ago.
* Junior Tamia Lawhorne led the Patriots with a career-high 24 points. She made a career-best six three-pointers to go along with five rebounds. Her six three-pointers are the second-most made in a single game in A-10 Championship history.
* Junior Jazmyn Doster added 14 points (7-11 FG) and a team-high seven rebounds. She has led the team in boards in 11 games this season. She ranks 10th in the A-10 with 6.4 boards per game.
* Senior Amaya Scott was the third Patriot in double figures with 11 points to go along with six rebounds and three assists. She has scored in double figures in all but five games this season. She has led the team in scoring 13 times and rebounding nine times.
* Mason shot an efficient 42.4 percent from the field (25-59) and made seven three-pointers (.333). The Patriots outscored the Billikens 39-24 in a dominant second half of play."