What to do with Mason Bball "Chachkies"

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
My wife and I are cleaning out stuff, and I have a whole boatload of Mason basketball give aways. What does anyone on here do with them? Does anyone actually collect them? Anyone want them? I have a couple I'll keep. But I've got jerseys, salt shakers, bobble heads, etc., etc.

Thoughts? The lines are open ...

psyclone

Hall of Famer
For those of us who weren't sure of the subject of this thread, here's something that helped me!

How do you spell Chotskies?

Spelling. A wide variety of spellings exist for the English usage of the term, e.g., tshotshke, tshatshke, tchachke, tchotchka, tchatchka, chachke, tsotchke, chotski, or chochke; the standard Yiddish transliteration is tsatske or tshatshke. In YIVO standard orthography, it is spelled טשאַטשקע.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My wife and I are cleaning out stuff, and I have a whole boatload of Mason basketball give aways. What does anyone on here do with them? Does anyone actually collect them? Anyone want them? I have a couple I'll keep. But I've got jerseys, salt shakers, bobble heads, etc., etc.

Any signs? Fatheads? Life sized posters of Big Red?

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I know @MasonFanatic has talked about some sort of exchange night at a game. Otherwise this sounds like a great idea because I know folks would want to exchange things.

Maybe we can setup some sort of Google spreadsheet with what folks are looking to trade and contact info? @HoopsAdmin thoughts?

(This is also a great off-season thing fwiw)

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
There are some specific items I'm looking for, and a bunch of extra items I don't need, but I never seem to have time to put together a list. I have boxes and boxes of stuff and I have no idea what's in them anymore. I always figure it would make a good offseason thread - whenever I finally get to inventorying my collection.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Ebay if you want to make some money.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, enough of the body shaming. Big Red was/is awesome, wherever she is.

Maybe we can setup some sort of Google spreadsheet with what folks are looking to trade and contact info? @HoopsAdmin thoughts?

A google sheet would be fine - whatever makes things easy, I guess? I would add the "classified ads" module onto the site if that would be beneficial.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Ok, enough of the body shaming. Big Red was/is awesome, wherever she is.

A google sheet would be fine - whatever makes things easy, I guess? I would add the "classified ads" module onto the site if that would be beneficial.
Classified ads might turn into …other things. Lol.

Google sheet sounds good. Do we have a volunteer to create it or do I have to do it?

Yossarian

Sixth Man
So who is Big Red?
I think I might have spotted her at a home game in December sitting near her old spot on the court by the student section. Something about her made me double dribble and shoot threes. Very much miss her presence at games.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Classified ads might turn into …other things. Lol.

Google sheet sounds good. Do we have a volunteer to create it or do I have to do it?
What if we just create a new forum for this like the Ticket Xchange? If you have something to give, make a new thread with information about it, post a photo if needed, etc.