Goodbye Malik Henry

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Are you suggesting that MaxPreps rankings are anywhere close to accurate?
Everyone knows outside of top 50 MaxPreps can't be relied on. More a jab that we have 0 shot at landing someone MaxPreps would even do any research on. UMASS, vcu, Dayton, URI seem to be able to recruit them, just not Paulsen at Mason

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Everyone knows outside of top 50 MaxPreps can't be relied on. More a jab that we have 0 shot at landing someone MaxPreps would even do any research on. UMASS, vcu, Dayton, URI seem to be able to recruit them, just not Paulsen at Mason

Rivals had him ranked as the 39th best power forward in 2020 in August. He commits to Mason in September and then plummets...I'd have to guess MaxPreps saw where he committed and just put him somewhere.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Rivals had him ranked as the 39th best power forward in 2020 in August. He commits to Mason in September and then plummets...I'd have to guess MaxPreps saw where he committed and just put him somewhere.
Again they are good at the top 50-100 overall players. They are not good at the 300th ranked 39th best pf. Nobody has ever alluded to that. He definitely did drop because he signed with mason. Wouldn’t have dropped as much if it was vcu or Dayton. Just shows how low we are seen. Sucks really.

ephoops

Starter
1 of 20 of highest ranked players in Texas is supposed to move the needle ?

There are some pretty good players on that list. Several P-5.

Greg Brown is a top 10 recruit in the 2020 class. Peavy, Cryer and Mark are Top 100 players.

Adams and Obaseki are Top 50 players in the class of 2021

Keyonte George is a Top 10 player in the class of 2022.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You’ve made an art form of being negative about our own players and coaches. Seriously, bravo.

Might have to start creating a sleeperpick player assessment curve.

RAC pick-up scrub = Josh Oduro is our baseline.

Based on that curve, does that mean Malik Henry will be A-10 POY next year?

I'm just messing around with you, sleeper. I don't actually like to get overly excited or overly pessimistic about players who haven't suited up for a college team yet.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You’ve made an art form of being negative about our own players and coaches. Seriously, bravo.
Thanks Jim. Real high on Henry too just refuse to think he moves or even comes close to moving any needle about getting us out of A10 basement

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Thanks Jim. Real high on Henry too just refuse to think he moves or even comes close to moving any needle about getting us out of A10 basement

Nobody is suggesting Malik is going to come in and dominate the A-10. He’s a promising piece of the puzzle but I think we all realize if we have to rely on freshmen again next season, that’s most likely not gonna lead to good results.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nobody is suggesting Malik is going to come in and dominate the A-10. He’s a promising piece of the puzzle but I think we all realize if we have to rely on freshmen again next season, that’s most likely not gonna lead to good results.
I mean our very own @MasonFanatic has us 6th over Dayton, vcu and URI next year because of all the pieces we return and Polite, Kolek and Henry. That is just crazy talk. We were 11th for a reason and we return the same exact team that we are about to put out there plus 3 freshman so it makes the pessimistic fans assume that the three freshman help greatly jump us 5 spots.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I mean our very own @MasonFanatic has us 6th over Dayton, vcu and URI next year because of all the pieces we return and Polite, Kolek and Henry. That is just crazy talk. We were 11th for a reason and we return the same exact team that we are about to put out there plus 3 freshman so it makes the pessimistic fans assume that the three freshman help greatly jump us 5 spots.

Generally speaking when you return a whole team (or a lot of it) 2 years in a row the 2nd year is better than the first (When the first year is super young). Obviously we didnt' see that happen with year 3 and year 4 and I'm not sold itll happen next year.

That said, if more goes right than wrong for once, theres a chance Mason could exceed expectations especially with a few teams reloading. They'll be preseason 9th or 10th again for sure but I can't help but think that having some seniors depth and experience can help them exceed that. I wouldn't be shocked if they finish 10th again either though, and its the end of Dave.