Welcome Kim English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'll be pushing 80 in 10 more years. I've been attending games since 1975. I want to see a coach who will stick around and do what he said he would do...build a program, not be a slick talker and bail. So yeah, for me it's personal. You sign a contract. Honor it.
Amen!

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm not gonna rip, KE. We all should have known the deal going in. We were a stepping stone and we knew it. I'm only disappointed in the fact that we didn't get more out of the relationship. The old days are gone and we're not the only school to be in this position, just the latest....Let's just hire Tony and move on.

Dawgs99

Starter
If I were a Providence fan I'd be real disappointed that CKE was the best that we could do. I like CKE and wanted him here for longer but dude did nothing here to warrant a major pay raise and jump to the Big East....don't blame CKE for packing his bags though! Bring me Tony or I'm out....

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
So what, now what?

No AD.

Simpkins leaving also.

Does Dr. Washington bring in the new AD asap or wait til July 1st? Or does he hire Tony Skinn on his own? How does this effect new AD?

Masonfan3

Starter
I'm not gonna rip, KE. We all should have known the deal going in. We were a stepping stone and we knew it. I'm only disappointed in the fact that we didn't get more out of the relationship. The old days are gone and we're not the only school to be in this position, just the latest....Let's just hire Tony and move on.
We should have known that he would be barely above .500 and win two A10 tourney games in 2 seasons and then bolt at the first opportunity…I don’t think so. Guy accomplished absolutely nothing here so everyone has the right to rip him.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
We should have known that he would be barely above .500 and win two A10 tourney games in 2 seasons and then bolt at the first opportunity…I don’t think so. Guy accomplished absolutely nothing here so everyone has the right to rip him.
What good does it do? You sound like jilted lover. Are guys serious? We hired a guy with no connection to the school who everyone said was on the fast track to success. Did we get anything out of it? Not really, but we also avoided the possibility that the hype machine was totally wrong and be in the same position 2 or 3 years from now....Maybe I'm just less bitter because deep down I wanted us to hire Tony 2 years ago.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I just hope they don't wait too long to find CKE's successor. My nightmare is this drags on into May and we get an e-mail announcing Mark Turgeon as George Mason's new head basketball coach.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I also forgot to add that the AD who hired him is not here anymore. Always a big factor for coaches.

Dawgs99

Starter
Dr. Washington needs to run point on this while there is no full time AD in place. 2 phone calls....Tony Skinn and Jason Williford. Either one of those dude would be a homerun in my book. Williford is a strong recruiter and can really coach the game...might land a few UVA portal guys too if we bring him on board.

Masonfan3

Starter
What good does it do? You sound like jilted lover. Are guys serious? We hired a guy with no connection to the school who everyone said was on the fast track to success. Did we get anything out of it? Not really, but we also avoided the possibility that the hype machine was totally wrong and be in the same position 2 or 3 years from now....Maybe I'm just less bitter because deep down I wanted us to hire Tony 2 years ago.
I can agree with you on Tony.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
If you looked at his coaching resume and didn’t see a guy who would bounce at the first opportunity, no offense but that’s on you.

Masonfan3

Starter
Dr. Washington needs to run point on this while there is no full time AD in place. 2 phone calls....Tony Skinn and Jason Williford. Either one of those dude would be a homerun in my book. Williford is a strong recruiter and can really coach the game...might land a few UVA portal guys too if we bring him on board.
I can guarantee you that if Nena Rogers is running point her first call will be to Tony. Those two have a great relationship so I am confident that he will get a look if she is involved in the process.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
No matter what Kim said in his press conference I never thought he’d be in it for the long haul, that speaks more to the state of our program and college basketball as a whole.

However, he was (and still is) insanely hyped up so my expectations were that however short his stay might have been, we’d at least get something good out of it like a return to the NCAAs. I’m not pissed that he’s leaving, he was always going to leave, I’m pissed in how he’s leaving. Didn’t build anything, didn’t win anything, will likely nuke our roster while going out the door…we’re worse off by having had Kim as our coach.

I’ve said it multiple times in this thread, but I’m glad a lot of us are pissed off and showing our emotions. I hope the fan base and administration rallies around this moment to truly invest in making Mason basketball a better, more dynamic, and respected program.
This times 1000.

The next HC is arguably much more of an important hire than AD - dont wait for AD hire to do it.

I can guarantee you that if Nena Rogers is running point her first call will be to Tony. Those two have a great relationship so I am confident that he will get a look if she is involved in the process.
I heard earlier this week from a source well connected to GMY that Nena Rogers does not want the AD job.

This is Dr. Washington's mess to resolve. He should've hired Chris Caputo in the first place, he would've stayed a lifetime here.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
One phone call. Tony is in Maryland. He wouldn’t even have to move.

Make it happen quick so he can hit the recruiting ground running.

Dragging this out only guarantees we will be shopping at the bargain bin in the portal while trying to fill 7-8 scholarships. No thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.