Welcome Jalen Haynes

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My impression is that we should all assume Haynes and Newton will be denied their waivers and will redshirt this year until told otherwise.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We’re about to find out if Jalen really can play effectively at the 4 as Tony said … no way they are moving Amari to the bench as well as he is playing.

C — Kelly
PF — Haynes
SF — Hall
SG — Maddox
PG — Polite

NewPatriot

Starter
We’re about to find out if Jalen really can play effectively at the 4 as Tony said … no way they are moving Amari to the bench as well as he is playing.

C — Kelly
PF — Haynes
SF — Hall
SG — Maddox
PG — Polite
Hall and Haynes are interchangeable. They can have advanced post games or face up. The hi-low interior passing between with all 3 in the lineup is going to be beautiful.

I'm gonna say it now. Mason is going to contend for the A10 Regular season title

psyclone

Hall of Famer
And after the 14 days?
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Is this ruling, likely before a friendly West Virginia judge, necessarily a good thing for Haynes. Could he lose a full year of eligibility for playing some games this year instead of sitting out the whole year?

I'd be tempted not to play him until that situation is clarified.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Is this ruling, likely before a friendly West Virginia judge, necessarily a good thing for Haynes. Could he lose a full year of eligibility for playing some games this year instead of sitting out the whole year?

I'd be tempted not to play him until that situation is clarified.
I could be wrong, but I think it’s been confirmed that a player won’t lose eligibility if they decide to play these next 14 days and the decision ends up favoring the NCAA.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Hopefully Haynes gets to play this Saturday. Will add some intrigue to my first visit in 6 years.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hopefully Haynes gets to play this Saturday. Will add some intrigue to my first visit in 6 years.
p9az4.jpg

this you when you walk in? Haha.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Has Haynes been allowed to practice with the team? I wonder about chemistry.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I could be wrong, but I think it’s been confirmed that a player won’t lose eligibility if they decide to play these next 14 days and the decision ends up favoring the NCAA.
I hope you're right. I was thinking that the phrasing might be limited to team W-L records not being negatively affected by playing someone who was later ruled to be "ineligible''.