Welcome Jalen Haynes

Junkees9

Sixth Man
It sounds like Haynes will not suit up this year. I hope that isn't the case. I agree with others who think Haynes will be among the most impactful transfers added by the new staff. Sure hope we don't have to wait a year to see him play.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I thought a change in coach automatically gets a waiver. No?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
It sounds like Haynes will not suit up this year. I hope that isn't the case. I agree with others who think Haynes will be among the most impactful transfers added by the new staff. Sure hope we don't have to wait a year to see him play.
While the new rule on its face seems to be saying guys like Haynes must sit, there were so many multiple-time transfers this offseason I wouldn’t put it past the NCAA to give a blanket waiver this time and ramp up the messaging that there will be no more amnesty going forward.

If they enforce the rule as written, there will be many would-be starters across the country sitting out the 2023-24 season. Not sure how that helps college basketball during a time of unprecedented player empowerment.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

"Williams, who has three years of collegiate eligibility remaining, will need to get a waiver from the NCAA in order to play next season given the fact he is transferring for a second time without yet graduating. A report from Stadium’s Jeff Goodman on Wednesday, which stated that the 'D-1 Council was informed the overwhelming majority of the second-time undergrad transfers thus far have been denied waivers' puts long odds on that possibility."

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It’s not the end of the world if he has to sit since other than Kelly and Wood everyone else on the roster has at least two years remaining so he’ll be able to step in to what hopefully will be a really strong roster, but it sure would be nice.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
While the new rule on its face seems to be saying guys like Haynes must sit, there were so many multiple-time transfers this offseason I wouldn’t put it past the NCAA to give a blanket waiver this time and ramp up the messaging that there will be no more amnesty going forward.

If they enforce the rule as written, there will be many would-be starters across the country sitting out the 2023-24 season. Not sure how that helps college basketball during a time of unprecedented player empowerment.
I hope someone gets a lawyer and fights the NCAAA on this

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
You’d think there would be a waiver tracker somewhere, but the latest one I could find was for the 20-21 season.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
NCAA just turned down waiver requests for football players at Florida State and UNC.

Different sports, but not a good sign for Jalen.

At this point I’m just hoping for consistency. If there are no more waivers then fine, everyone plays by the same rules and we have to live with it. But if the NCAA grants them to some and denies them to others, it’s effectively picking winners and losers and that’s bullshit.